Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G Force 6 point Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jnp914
How well received are the G Force harnesses? I just got a Racer Wholesale catalog, and they have a killer price on a 6 point, cam lock pull up SFI rated harness.

Anyone ever get told to replace them because they weren't Simpson or Willans?
URY914
I've used them for years. Accepted by all.

Paul
drew365
I have two sets of G-Force 5 point harnesses in my car. I use the lever type release. I've had no problem with either the belts or tech inspection. I also bought them because I got a real good price. Nothing wrong with saving money.
STL914
I'll be mounting 2 sets of G-Force 5-point harnesses in my car over the winter along with a harness bar. The price offered by Racer Wholesale was hard to beat.
Joe Bob
It ain't the harness....it's the latch that is important. Look at them all.....the ones that are the simplest are the best....the gee whiz ones are the ones that fail.
stock93
I've had them in my rail buggy for two years. I have had it a bit over 6 feet off the ground and didnt have a problems from the harnesses. I have even managed to break the ears off the top of a bus trans bellhousing without a complaint from the G-force harnesses. I have never had one come off on accident either. I liked them well enough I will be using some of them in my 914.

John
jnp914
Well, as to the simplest being the best...

I have installed Simpson latch and link, Sabelt cam lock and Pyrotect cam lock, along with whatever Barber and Bondurant had in their school cars. The Sabelt was slickest, and worked the best for me. The latch and link was the only one to ever get unlatched. Twice I caught it with glove cuff and a fold in the suit sleeve. Admittedly, that was in a close fitting Formula Ford, but even there it never would have happened with a rotary or cam buckle.

When I have towed to Topeka, got there late and missed qualifying so I had to start at the back of the pack, and then had to pit to get someone to buckle me back up so I lost both track time and finishing position. Well I promised I would not put myself in that position again. So that means using as secure a latch as I can find, wearing gloves suitable for the environment they will be operated in, and generally idiotproofing the cockpit.

my .02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.