Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Quantity Transmitter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
When I dis-assembled the car for restoration, I made a diagram of the wiring for the connector on the top of the sender...

But in my typical DUMB-ASS style, I have lost the diagram...Can't find it anywhere... headbang.gif

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of the wires in the top of the connector...I have a black, a green and the obilatory brown...But I don't know which hole in the connector they fit into...

Haynes W/D verifies the colors but doesn't show position on the connector...

Anyone got any ideas ? I can do it by trial and error but would like to put it together so I can re-install the expansion tank, etc...

Thanks,

2-OH!

KELTY360
You might find the answer here. good luck.

Fuel Sender Repair
John
I believe that the white plastic top of the sender unit has icons (at least a couple) to give you clues as to which terminals are for what.

There is a ground symbol (an upside down christmas tree made of straight lines)
There is a G symbol (gauge)

The third may be unmarked but it would go to the warning light.

Good luck.

If you need more help, I'll try to take a pic later tonight.

John
2-OH!
Thanks John, I appreciate it...I'll look at the transmitter when I get home tonight...It's pretty old and funky...I tried to clean it up as best I could so perhaps I can see some markings... I can read the part number but thats about all I remember...

Ground ought to be easy to find with an ohm meter...So it's now down to two wires and two positions...I'm only gonna' be off by 50% at worst...

Thanks,

2-OH!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.