Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP! need insurance for my teener.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RS22b
I am looking for any insurance company that can give me insurance on my car.

I have tried many insurance companies and they all have some sort of excuse for not giving me insurance.
Im either:
too young, im 25
have too many points
have too many accidents
my teener isnt part of a collection
etc,etc,etc.

Please help me out.

thanks in advance.

_billy
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Have you tryed the collector car companies, I have Metropolitan ,1-800-257-9496, Full coverage,0 deductable, 3,500 miles a yr.limt,decleared value of $20,000.00 , $180.00 per yr. Depends on where you live. ,Age, they what pic. of the car,and garage it,s stored in . some others will chime in I suspect.
One guy in the non club ( Howard) is in the Ins. busness. Check with him. Also Rick in Minn. is a Ins. addjuster. With the club's help it a non. problem.
NEXT!!!!!! Dave slap.gif
AvalonFal
Try Hagerty Collector Car Insurance. Cost is based on agreed value. There's no mileage limit, BUT you must show proof of another vehicle as a daily driver. The 914 can't be your primary car. They will require a photo of the car also. I did everything on-line & over the phone. $7000 of full coverage with no deductible & road service is costing about $130 per year.
tommy629
I'm assuming it's a classic. First, you need to have an everyday car for getting around(in case you don't know). If you don't have one maybe relative does. You need to establish that you have an everyday car for getting around, and the car you would like to insure is for historic purposes (provided of course your car is over 25 yrs old. Then contact insurance companies such as Haggerty or J.C. Taylor. Rates are appx $110.00 (NYC), but you must prove it is garaged and not parked on the street. Tom
Howard
Assuming you have enough stuff on your record that the collector companies won't talk to you, visit
www.mercuryinsurance.com
Find a local agent, and call him. Don't try to use the online quoting system..it won't recognize a 914.
drewvw
add "live in jersey" to the reasons too, you guys got a bad rep it seems.

I used american collectors and it was pretty easy. They are collector insurance for all kinds of stuff (dolls, model trains, etc) so they don't seem that strict.

all the other companies don't like me so maybe it will work for you (Hagerty has a vendetta for some reason) my driving record is pretty good too, never could figure that out.
RS22b
Thanks for the replies.

i tried Hagerty, but they wouldnt insure me bc i had too many offenses.

I will try some of the others that you have posted here. Its been driving me nuts having the car home for the first time in 2 years and not being able to drive it bc no one will insure me. :mad:

i will let you know how it goes. Im calling those companies today so hopefully something will come of it.

_billy
Mueller
QUOTE(RS22b @ Sep 27 2006, 08:51 AM) *

Thanks for the replies.

i tried Hagerty, but they wouldnt insure me bc i had too many offenses.

I will try some of the others that you have posted here. Its been driving me nuts having the car home for the first time in 2 years and not being able to drive it bc no one will insure me. :mad:

i will let you know how it goes. Im calling those companies today so hopefully something will come of it.

_billy

I suggest taking the BUS for the next few years until your driving record is clean wink.gif

I feel your pain...many moons ago when i was ready to buy a new ZX-11 the insurance would have been double the bike payment due to my record at the time headbang.gif
Aaron Cox
what about the young pups like me...

im 20, no tickets, no accidents, no DUI's

can i get classic insurance?
RS22b
i really only have 4 points currently on my license.

The problem is that most companies really want 2 or lesser offenses in the last 3-5 yrs, depending on the co. Those 2 tickets that i have 4 pts for are the only points i have had in the last 3-4 years.

calling shortly to see if i can get insurance.
Howard
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 27 2006, 09:19 AM) *

what about the young pups like me...

im 20, no tickets, no accidents, no DUI's

can i get classic insurance?

Nope. Automatic disqualification for wearing flip flops in the snow. Of course you could call a broker who writes classic car insurance and find out. confused24.gif
RS22b
ok pretty much everyone that listed a company i tried and couldnt get insurance through anyone.

I think i am just goin to get insurance on it this way i can at least drive the thing for a month before it goes into storage for the winter until April/May.

Thanks for your help and if anyone can point me in another direction i would greatly appreciate it!

_billy
anthony
In California, if you can't find someone to insure you then you get put in the assigned risk pool and you buy insurance mandated by the state. Does NJ have any program like that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.