Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The OFFICIAL Spray-On Bra Removal Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMartin914
Driving over the Colorado Rockies into Moab thru snow and ice and gravel-covered roads warranted something to protect the front of the car and my vinyl bra has seen better days - and doesn't handle water too well...so I opted for a can of Spray-On Bra from Griot's garage @ $20 a can.

A lot of folks in Moab were curious how well it would come off. So was I.

After Moab

IPB Image

Time to peel

IPB Image
Came off like a latex glove. Clean. Nothing left behind.

Almost done.

IPB Image

All finished. Just like before.

IPB Image

Very easy application and removal. The front of the car looks great just like before. thumb3d.gif
Aaron Cox
WTF? that is awesome. i get to buff and polish my hoods clear coat due to a flapping "bra"
Ferg
Very Nice! I may give up the blue tape route. When doing a ferg inspection of your car in the parking lot, I noticed that around the headlights you had some "overspray" of the product in the crevices ect, did that come off easy as well?

Ferg biggrin.gif
grantsfo
I'm thinking that would be great for a track car
jsteele22

Thanks for letting us watch you take off your bra. clap56.gif

Anybody else ?
jgara962
That is cool.

I always see those ads for Dupli-Color which makes a similar product except that is washes off. Anyone try that yet?
Eric_Shea
Very cool... tell Kelly about this one. He won't have to repaint after every trip! wink.gif
majkos
Dam!!!!!!!!! way too Kool!

Wishes I have a sweet paint job biggrin.gif

It's all good. smoke.gif
KaptKaos
Hell, that stuff looks good enough to leave on AS paint. chairfall.gif

Well done!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
How many times can you do a hood like that with one can? Dave slap.gif
Midtowner
Cool product. Just got my Griot's catalog yesterday too. Is that original paint or a respray? I ask because some of the "clear bra" films can take off some resprays. Thanks. biggrin.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 26 2006, 01:05 PM) *

Very Nice! I may give up the blue tape route. When doing a ferg inspection of your car in the parking lot, I noticed that around the headlights you had some "overspray" of the product in the crevices ect, did that come off easy as well?

Ferg biggrin.gif

I rubbed all of it off with my finger. I just manually raised up the lights and rubbed it all off. A soft shami or a terry cloth would do a "Ferg worthy" job. wink.gif

Very cool... tell Kelly about this one. He won't have to repaint after every trip!

It would be perfect for Kelly's car...I love THAT paintjob! drooley.gif

How many times can you do a hood like that with one can?

1 can did the front of the car. There is a little bit left in the can, but not enough to do anything with. I should have just kept spraying till it was gone.
BMartin914
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Sep 26 2006, 02:47 PM) *

Cool product. Just got my Griot's catalog yesterday too. Is that original paint or a respray? I ask because some of the "clear bra" films can take off some resprays. Thanks. biggrin.gif

It is a VERY GOOD 14 year-old repaint. I would not worry about it taking off a good paintjob. A Maaco or Earl Scheib job might make me think twice. idea.gif
JPB
I was at WalMart yesterday and saw some of that stuff and wondered what idiot would spray something from a paint can on their car? If thats how it works, this stuff is da bomb bro!!! smilie_pokal.gif

beer.gif Like 10$ a can and peals off, I gots to get me someadat!!
Chris Pincetich
WOW. This is giving me some wicked ideas for halloween. I think I might have to convice my girlfriend to be catwoman and I will be batman. We can turn my black 914 into the batmobile. Her costume will consist of 2 cans of this product, some pointy ears, and a tail. At the end of the night I get to peel it all off. w00t.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Sep 26 2006, 05:36 PM) *

WOW. This is giving me some wicked ideas for halloween. I think I might have to convice my girlfriend to be catwoman and I will be batman. We can turn my black 914 into the batmobile. Her costume will consist of 2 cans of this product, some pointy ears, and a tail. At the end of the night I get to peel it all off. w00t.gif

I like the way you think beerchug.gif

BTW, where's the Holloween Party? biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Sep 26 2006, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Sep 26 2006, 05:36 PM) *

I like the way you think beerchug.gif

BTW, where's the Holloween Party? biggrin.gif

agree.gif this thread is worthless without an address...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.