Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 and 1.8 compatible everywhere?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
I currently have a 1.7 in my car, stock.

I am buying the 1.8. Will this just drop in or do I have to get different exhaust or anything else like that? confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
exhaust will fit....

not sure about wiring hookup. it will work, but i cant remember if any connections are different
Mueller
you can swap the 1.7 injection onto the 1.8...I prefer the stock 1.8 injection myself...you'll need all of the 1.8 injections stuff and from the ad, it was missing some key parts...
HeloMech
What about if I'm running the carbs from my 1.7. Dual 40's. Anything else that I would need that's not available from my 1.7?
Mueller
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Sep 27 2006, 09:31 AM) *

What about if I'm running the carbs from my 1.7. Dual 40's. Anything else that I would need that's not available from my 1.7?

should be a 100% direct swap then....not sure what distributor you have in the 1.7, but the 1.8 distributors are better "carb" dizzys than stock 1.7 or 2.0 units.
HeloMech
right now I have the stock 1.7 dizzy in there. I have an 009 on the bench and I plan on going to the mallory unilite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.