Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: about to start a battle with nissan..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Over the course of about 8,000 miles, and an oil change in the middle, I have gone through 4 quarts of oil burned...Just did some research, and nissan trys to screw people on this...Wish I had known this car had lots of problems...off to the dealership...yay!
rick 918-S
Good luck, I think they're going to honor the warentee on the 2nd diff replacement on the Titan, but I haven't got the truck back yet...
Ferg
I'm in battle right now as well... My new 06 Xterra had a panel painted before new delivery and is not "perfect". Silver is hard to match. Anyhow they are admitting it's been painted, but the dealer did it, not Nissan. Problem is the delivery dealer is in MI, I live in Colorado.

My fingers are crossed.

Ferg
GeorgeRud
You're not alone, Nissan has admitted it has an oil comsumption problem and is working on a fix. In the meantime, they're recommending checking your oil level every 400 miles (ie at every fill of gasoline) till the problem is resolved. There was an article on it in the local papers.
Trekkor
They replaced my 3.5 v-6 in my '03 Altima...Even waived the deductable.

Oil consumption issue, check engine light, loss of power.
New motor at 60k miles. smile.gif

KT
DrifterJay
new motor supposed to be ready tomorrow...best part....had I not been paying attention I would have missed out...my warranty expires in 2000 miles.... aktion035.gif
Brando
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Sep 27 2006, 11:25 AM) *
Over the course of about 8,000 miles, and an oil change in the middle, I have gone through 4 quarts of oil burned...Just did some research, and nissan trys to screw people on this...Wish I had known this car had lots of problems...off to the dealership...yay!

So... It consumes as much oil as your 914? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.