Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much does a 911SC front suspension cost?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bigbohr
Anybody got an idea how much a Bilstein 911SC complete front suspension with calipers, rotors, steering rack would go for? Assuming the stuff is in good condition.
Not selling - trying to buy ...
Thanks!!!
Joe Bob
No need for the steering rack....your's should work OK......but a front end runs 350-450 with calipers....more if they have been rebulit and have new inserts.
SirAndy
i paid $650 for my 86 carrera suspension.
everything included, struts & shocks, a-arms, hubs, rotors, calipers, aluminum cross-member, stock underbody sway bar ...

Andy
Bigbohr
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 30 2003, 02:15 PM)
No need for the steering rack....

Unfortunately most packages I've seen for sale include the whole enchilada. Guess some of the pieces are not very marketable on their own.

Thanks for the info.
rezron
I gave $800 for a complete front and extras. It's an SC
with Brembo calipers and everything new. Included rack with a new turbo tie rod kit, and front arms had fresh bushings and new 21 mm torsion bars. I did'nt think the price was too bad considering the seller threw some extra parts in the box-( front turn lenses, 3 nice outer door handles, 1.8 airflow meter with k&n aircleaner, new side targa seals, etc.

I'm not sure what the front's actually worth but I was willing to pay the $800.

rezron
joea9146
I paid $350 for SC front strut assemblies. Included Bilstein struts, Caliper and Rotors, with new Bake pads. You really do not need the rest of the stuff...
you may not need that other stuff, but i need to know where you got that video... Shheeeesh. LOL

Seriously, where is the best place to source a 911 front end?
Aaron Cox
i found that salvage yards have the best deals
markb
I paid 15k for mine....but the rest of the car came with it. rolleyes.gif It didn't do much for the 914, tho. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
do you really need any thing bigger than M caliper brakes on a /4?
campbellcj
All you really need is the struts and brakes...I bought a complete SC front end for $500 and ended up trading/junking all the extra bits.

You will probably replace the inserts, rotors, ball joints and tie rods anyway....so if you find somebody willing to sell just the strut housings, hubs and calipers, that's the ticket.
joea9146
QUOTE(1973914 @ Oct 31 2003, 06:37 PM)
you may not need that other stuff, but i need to know where you got that video... Shheeeesh.  LOL

Seriously, where is the best place to source a 911 front end?

I found mine on the 911 Classified at pelicanparts.com the guy was ugrading to coil overs with bigger brakes, and he was not that far from me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.