Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet Parts Prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
Wow, I can remember just a couple of years ago when a stripped-off D-Jet setup on Ebay would go for about $300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
SLITS
av-943.gif
jimkelly
seems like a good number of 914 owers/ebayers dont know about the club.

at some point - well before $1000 - many would just buy a set of dual webers.

I think though it was the full system that was so attractive to these bidders because sometime a mps can go for only $100 beans alone.
pbanders
I've bought a lot of FI stuff off of eBay. My problem with paying $1100 for a full D-Jet setup is that you have no idea of the condition of the expensive bits (MPS, ECU, and the NLA parts), and unless a list of all the p/n's is given, if it's really a matching set.

I will note that from the photos, this was an unusually complete and clean setup - if it's all there and its in good condition, and the right p/n's - maybe $1100 is reasonable. Hope the buyer did some behind-the-scenes checking with the seller.
Thack
They even included the relay board, complete with voltage regulator.
TravisNeff
Cripes! That's a lotta dough. A few years ago I got a 2.0 engine supposedly with 30K on a rebuild (P/C's looked good on the inside), with recent clutch assembly, exhaust & banana muffler, FI, relay board, wiring - a bag full of tune up parts and a tuna can all for $850.00.
anthony
I bought a whole 73 2.0L djet setup from the classifieds for $200 last year. I guess I got a killer deal!

Dr Evil
I bought a whole 914 for a little over that price rolleyes.gif
mightyohm
Hi Brad!

Good to see you posting on the board.

Your webpage has helped a lot of people, including myself, to troubleshoot and learn about their d-jet system.

Thanks!
ptravnic
Some people have more $ than sense...
blitZ
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 28 2006, 11:50 AM) *

I bought a whole 914 for a little over that price rolleyes.gif

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I think I'd invest into a modern system instead of paying that for a 30 yr old FI.
Bleyseng
There are still lots of guys who haven't discovered the 914BBS so EBAY is how they get their parts alfred.gif

doesn't mean we pay those prices... blink.gif
914Sixer
Wishful thinking!!!!!
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Sep 28 2006, 09:25 AM) *

Some people have more $ than sense...

And the seller has more $ than cents biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.