Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone willing to part with
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bob174
The little tabs that hold the front passenger side parking light onto the fender broke. See pic. Just need the white nylon inside base of the light. Happy to cover expenses.
Tobra
I am told by a longtime Porsche wrench that these are often broken when removing the assembly. This was the only thing he specifically told me to be careful about removing.

Sorry I can't help you out though.
Pat Garvey
sad.gif
Wish I could help. Looking for some myself. I take off everything when I polish my 914 & had to use my last spare because a tab broke. They get VERY brittle with age. The seals outlast the tabs! Wish there were some way to repair them, since they're invisible, but I've tried every glue out there - to no avail.

Been watching EBay & hate to buy a complete set, just for the backing plate - but will. Good Luck to both of us, though you need yours more.
Pat
SGB
It is very easy to use a sheet metal or wood screw and washer from the fender inside with a little stubby screwdriver.... smile.gif
firstknight13
smile.gif small nut and bolt right thru it works very well biggrin.gif
Series9
QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Sep 27 2006, 07:11 PM) *

smile.gif small nut and bolt right thru it works very well biggrin.gif

agree.gif
GWN7
Just leave them off the car and tell anyone who asks that their speed holes..... smile.gif
Bleyseng
cut them off and use a plastic moly with a screw
bob174
Hey, never thought about screwing them on from the inside--great idea. Thanks!
tod914
Had one on back order from Porsche for about 2 months.. I assume these will be the next parts NLA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.