Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting close !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
I've made a lot of progress. Most of the nagging details have been fixed, although there's still a few things left. I'm beginning to think about making an appointment for the Motor Vehicle inspection !

In any event, here's a couple of pictures:
michel richard
I know the colour scheme may not gather unanimous praise, but it's what I'm going with, for now. In real life, the white is not really white, but a yellowish beige, which works better with the green and orange.

In addition, I have a video of the engine running I'm trying to upload to Youtube. Can anybody recomment a good piece of freeware to change the file format and change parameters ? i.e. irfanview for videos ?

Thanks

davep
It looks really nice. Hope we will see it at the Por-Volks next year.
swl
Congratulations Michel - is it moving under it's own power?

QUOTE(michel richard @ Sep 27 2006, 04:46 PM) *

In addition, I have a video of the engine running I'm trying to upload to Youtube. Can anybody recomment a good piece of freeware to change the file format and change parameters ? i.e. irfanview for videos ?

What are you trying to convert from/to? I'll do some research. I work with some pretty good geeks.
michel richard
Steve,

Not sure exactly what I have. It says Winamp Media file, and its 20 meg for a 10 second video !

You tube says : "We recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format at 320x240 resolution with MP3 audio"

And yes, I have been around the block with the car, even if it's not really tagged.

Michel
Mark Henry
QUOTE(davep @ Sep 27 2006, 08:51 PM) *

It looks really nice. Hope we will see it at the Por-Volks next year.

agree.gif

beer.gif
jflash914
Michel,
I like the color combination. The car looks really nice. BTW where did you get your front GT bumper and GT valance? They look like they fit well. Did you have to do alot of trimming to make them fit?
Thanks,
Jack
michel richard
Hoods, rockers, bumpers and the front valence are from Getty design. There was only minor fitting required and I found the quality to be very good.

Michel
Joe Bob
Looking good.....lemme know if ya need graphics.
michel richard
Got quite a bit done over our long Thanksgiving weekend:

Finished both doors, and installed them.

Got the horn working. I had a bad horn, bad grounds, bad connections at the steering wheel.

Fixed the license plate lights. It was bad bulbs and corroded connectors.

Installed the rocker panels. Flared fibegalss items from Getty Design.. The driver side required a bit of ingenuity to get it to fit over the oil lines.

Installed the threshold plates on both sides.

Fixed a balky parking brake lever: I replaced it with the one I was using in the old car, it was "known good".

Made progress on the cable operated front headlight system.

Still to do:

Fix a thing on the ignition system, fix a thing with the passenger side flashers, finish the headlight system, maybe organize some sort of fuel gauge (not sure I need one for the inspection) and: make an appointment for inspection !

Cheers.

michel richard
Got quite a bit done this weekend, once again.

Finished the cable operated headlights, fixed a thing or two with the ignition, put the interior back together.

Then earlier this evening, I went for a ring-seating drive: got on the highway and repeatedly accelerated from 3,000 rpm to 5,500 rpm, at near full throttle, coasting on the overun to let the rpm down. Did this maybe 25 times.

The engine sounds fantastic, can't wait to hear it, and feel the kick in the beeeehind when I get to 8k !

All went well, except that I still have some pretty big oil leaks. I had a lake on top of the engine when I returned home and I suspect that the oil pressure sender is not gasketed properly. I fiddled with it a couple of weeks ago, and I must've done something wrong. Plus I think my transmission oil pump is leaking.

Oh well, I'll tackle the leaks one at a time.

But this car is going to be fun.

Michel
michel richard

And I got my tags:

Story continues here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...mp;#entry821009
SirAndy
QUOTE(michel richard @ Sep 27 2006, 04:46 PM) *

In real life

nice!

but i see longer wheelstuds and spacers in your near future ... biggrin.gif

the front looks like it could use at least 2" spacers on each side ...
smile.gif Andy
michel richard
Andy,

I was looking at that tonight. I do have a pair of 3/4 spacers in the basement, plus 4 quarter inch ones. I'll try them on and see what happens. If it looks like I need them, I may get longer studs.

Thanks for the input.

Michel
So.Cal.914
Been following your build and have enjoyed your posts. I will be useing some

of the ideas I have seen in your thread. I love the color, but forgive me I still

can't get used to the bumpers. But that my problem. She is bad, have fun.
michel richard
I'm not quite used to the bumpers either ! I may yet change the color of the bige to black.
Thanks for the compliments. And if you can use some ideas, you will make me proud.

Michel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.