Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't Find Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thack
I know I have one. It has FI but I can't find the pump in the engine bay. Is it under the fuel tank?
davep
For a 76? Yes. Get at it from the front trunk.
TINCAN914
If not check the firewall, below the fan shroud..
Thack
Thanks guys.
ws91420
On a 76 front trunk lower drivers side area behind an access panel if its not working check the ground first.
jsteele22

And if you're gonna even look at your fuel pump, be prepared to replace the fuel lines. Unless you have a car that someone has restored, chances are you've got anciant, cracked lines under there. When I gently moved my fuel pump my old hoses started seeping gas all over the place. You can do a search or talk to PP for the proper metric sizes, or you can take the old ones to a FLAPS and get inch-sized hoses close enough. Just be absolutely sure to get fuuel injection hose, and not the low-pressure stuff. Also, you don't need to worry about the fuel lines that go through the central tunnel back to the engine bay : despite being made of plastic, they seem to hold up extremely well. Replacing those is a much more involved job.

Hope this helps.
Thack
Man, double thanks! I'm going to the Dark Side and install a carb. (please don't throw stones) Untill I can perfectly tune and inspect my FI system. I'm way too lean right now.
pbanders
QUOTE(Thack @ Sep 28 2006, 10:27 AM) *

Man, double thanks! I'm going to the Dark Side and install a carb. (please don't throw stones) Untill I can perfectly tune and inspect my FI system. I'm way too lean right now.

I know it's probably too late, but you should read the advice on this guy's page before you go and replace the FI system with something else:

http://www.geocities.com/dnhunt2002/Musings.html

While what we wrote was in reference to his Megasquirt install, the same is true of converting to carbs. Make sure you understand the "why" of your problem first, or you may end up with the same problem after you're done.
Dave_Darling
And the reference to "a carb" should make you stop and think really hard... The single-carb setup is about the worst possible way to get fuel and air into the engine! I think a monkey with a squirt-bottle is probably better...

If you go carb'ed, go with dual carbs.

--DD
JPB
I can't find mine either. Thats probably why its so darn good on gas!

beer.gif
Thack
Untill December I would have to go single. I know the pitfalls of "a" single carb but that's all I can do right now. If I could thoroghly test my FI, I would definitely keep it. And it would have to be reliable, the electronics, wiring and all components.
A single carb may be the worst possible delivery system but it can't be any worse than the way my D-jet is delivering it now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.