Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blinker problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vertigo
'73 2.0 /recently when I turn blinker (to right) and press brake the blinker on dash dims and both flash. Release pressure on brake and it blinks normally. This only happens with right signal and not left. Has anyone experienced this before and if so what might be the fix? Thank you in advance.
So.Cal.914
Yes I have, quite often it is the ground but not in my case. I pulled down the fuse

panel and drew a diagram of the back and assigned a number to every paddle

connector. I than used stick on numbers that we used to use for wireing elect.

panels(you can get them at any elect. parts house) they come on a drum

dispenser and put them on the wire that came off the paddle with the same

number. Pull all the fuses and than clean all the brass connectors front and

rear with a good metal cleaner made for silver, copper, or brass. these cleaners

are more mild and will not damage the metal. Than put it back together. Every-

thing worked great. My .02
Spoke
When you say "both flash", do you mean both turnsignal lamps on the dash or both outside blinkers and brake lights?

Have you changed any lightbulbs or other electrical items lately?

Maybe check the rear taillight assembly for good grounds. Maybe take out the lamps and check for good connections with a multimeter.

Spoke
vertigo
Sorry, yes both lights on cluster flash. The blinkers on outside remain correct. About 3 month ago I did change the return cog for the blinker, but it has worked fine until 3 days ago.
HCRDAN
QUOTE(vertigo @ Sep 28 2006, 09:35 AM) *

Sorry, yes both lights on cluster flash. The blinkers on outside remain correct. About 3 month ago I did change the return cog for the blinker, but it has worked fine until 3 days ago.

I had similar problem. Replaced a flasher bulb (right front) maiking sure I had correct 2 filament bulb and that started a cascade of issues. Cleaning contacts on bulb socket helped keep fuse from blowing, but after that, both lights would flash on tach, while outside lights would flash correctly. Replaced flasher relay and that seems to have solved the problem

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.