JeffBowlsby
Go get em...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-914-6-GT-mech-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Aaron Cox
buy it and make kits smile.gif
Gustl
this kit has to be a really good kit - very close to the original

the seller is the guy who restored the '71 Monte GT
currently he restores another original GT and makes a second clone of it ...

I'm sure he knows the original

wavey.gif Gustl
SirAndy
so, now that we have the porsche part number for the original kit, anyone wants to go to the dealer and see if it's still available from porsche?

idea.gif Andy
smdubovsky
I talked to Craig looking for one of these (to copy), and he directed me to Classic Seats (in the north east somewhere). I contacted them and they will have a kit ready by ~Dec at ~$600. (Which is too rich for my blood)

Aaron is right. Someone should buy this and send me detailed drawings;)

SMD
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Sep 28 2006, 07:46 AM) *

I talked to Craig looking for one of these (to copy), and he directed me to Classic Seats (in the north east somewhere). I contacted them and they will have a kit ready by ~Dec at ~$600. (Which is too rich for my blood)

Aaron is right. Someone should buy this and send me detailed drawings;)

SMD

I think you mean to say "Vintage Seats" of Newbury MA...Mark Allin who owns the company built my entire car...all of his work is excellent. His kit is an exact reproduction of an original as well.

I am guessing the kit on eBay being sold by Armin is also a reproduction? I wouldn't be surprised to see this one on eBay make at least $600 judging from the bidders list.

Peter
nein14
Someone I know who owns one of the Factory GT cars is in the process of makng a few of sets that light kit up from his GT. I will let you know when they become avalible. Cost should be reasonable.
smdubovsky
Peter, Yeah thats the place. I have it all written down somewhere...

John, Im interested if its reasonable.
Eric_Shea
$300 is reasonable if there's a bunch involved.

$600 is reasonable for some one off repros that are spot on.
sean_v8_914
how many pounds would it shave off teh nose of the car?
has anyone weighed the HL motors?
nein14
I think they weight 8lbs. ea.
davep
Oh boy, check out his other sale item, the oil cooler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.