Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone getting the Vicodin Spam?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
The asshole is using a yahoo account....yahoo refuses to answer my complaint.....everyone should fax a YAHOO sucks to 408 349 3301.....spamming mother fuckers piss me off.....

rxcare5000@yahoo.co is the reply address, but it bounces. The fact that they use that one the site should get Yahoo to get of their ass and fix them.....any help is appreciated.
campbellcj
Dude...I can't believe you actually noticed "one" spam/spammer.

I am up to probably 200 a DAY. I have employed several levels of agressive filtering that catches most of the crap and shitcans it automagically.

I am usually anti-gub'mint intervention in business and "free speech"...but this is a major exception...this nonsense has GOT to stop. fighting19.gif
Joe Bob
This lame fucker....changes sender names and subjects...but the body of the message is the same. Same website......I get this 30 -40 times a day. They have replaced AA as my favorite asshole. Soon as find out where they are I am hopping a flight with Cousin Guido and a few of my friends....notably Mssrs. Smith and Wesson.
ChrisReale
Have not got that one yet. But I can enlarge my breasts and grow a bigger dick all in one shot confused24.gif
redshift
Why would anyone else get them?

I've only been sending them to you.

wavey.gif

M
Air_Cooled_Nut
I've got filters thru my email forwarding service and my mail server uses SpamAssassin. Good stuff! My spam has dropped significantly now!!! Outlook filters are worthless, they are so pathetically weak.
campbellcj
They might not really even be using a Yahoo mail account. A lot of the sender names are either spoofed or are really sent from that ISP but the ISP closes the account instantly...after the few million spams have already been sent. That's why any return mail bounces.

Check out the actual message headers and then you can decipher where it -really- came from. Here is one I got earlier today.

Received: from hotmail.com (unverified [213.242.57.179]) by mailhost.assetsmart.com
(EMWAC SMTPRS 0.83) with SMTP id ;
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:44:19 -0800
Message-ID:
To: chris.campbell@assetsmart.com
Subject: Can't sleep? Ambien online no perscription required 5fgge73
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:26:09 +0000
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

That IP does not (as far as I can tell yet) trace back to either hotmail.com or yahoo.fr In fact, it seems to trace back to Russia!?!?!

These fuggers are getting extremely crafty and have some sharp technical people on staff. It sucks big time for us on the receiving end. pissoff.gif
Joe Bob
http://www.shopmedsnow.biz/fastrx/contactus.asp

Here's the link....the contact is listed there......Yahoo is should be all over this...they aren;t. So I'm sending a fax a day until the assholes stop or call me back and tell me what they are gonna do about it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 30 2003, 07:06 PM)
The asshole is using a yahoo account....yahoo refuses to answer my complaint.....everyone should fax a YAHOO sucks to 408 349 3301.....spamming mother fuckers piss me off.....

rxcare5000@yahoo.co is the reply address, but it bounces. The fact that they use that one the site should get Yahoo to get of their ass and fix them.....any help is appreciated.

anyone can put ANYTHING into the reply-to field.
if the address bounces, it's fake.

absolutely NOTHING the folks at YAHOO can do about it ...
Andy
Joe Bob
Yeah.....like I use word Porsche in my website or in an ad...they can't do anytrhing either. Yahoo just doesn't WANT to do anything.....

C'mon Andy, you can do better..... blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 30 2003, 09:09 PM)
C'mon Andy, you can do better..... blink.gif

those guys are off-shore. different country different law.
not american jurisdiction (sp?).

all yahoo would do is making some lawyers here very very very rich and nothing would come out of it.

BTDT ...
have to deal with this crap all day.

Andy
Bruce Allert
I received my first Ebay Request for my user name, password & email. They even wanted a return receipt that I opened the mail finger.gif Sure looked like an Ebay mailing. bootyshake.gif Plus I've been getting the same as Chris only they'll make mine BIGGER than his! laugh.gif
bruce
Jeff Bonanno
Bruce,

will it make it yellow? yellow are faster! laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
Jeff, only if you eat chees kurls & watch an X rated movie laugh.gif
bruce
davep
One very neat thing I've noticed is that while my work email gets 60 spam a day( most filtered into a spam file), my home account with Sympatico has dropped down to about 4 a day from similar levels. Sympatico must be trashing them before wasting bandwidth sending it on to me. That is great service. I have no idea what vicodin is, nor do I want to.

DaveP
fiid
I use SpamAssassin and Vipul's razor on my email account. I get about 80 spams a day. About 5 or 6 make it to my INBOX - the rest go to a spam folder.

Most of these things are utterly untraceable. The only way to get them is if you act like you want to buy the product - which requires calling them usually. They will be very polite most likely and tell you you have been removed from the list, although usually you have not.

The best defense is to get the best filtering you can muster and deal with the rest. It sucks, but it will be fixed by congress at some point, simply because the internet is almost carrying more marketing than legitimate traffic - when it becaomes uneconomic to host a connection - the internet will start to die, and I don't think anyone wants that.

You'll still want a good filter though.

Fiid.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 31 2003, 07:26 AM)
I have no idea what vicodin is, nor do I want to.

DaveP

your misssing out my friend! (heavy pain killer - got some leftovers from surgery aktion035.gif ) laugh.gif
Engman
Hmmmmm...... maybe Zois gets these for a reason..... wink.gif
Joe Bob
3 daughters....go figure.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.