Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Solex 40/44 carbs on a stock 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hellsbend
I'm thinking of putting either a pair of new 40 or 44 mm Solex/Kadron carbs on a stock '76 2.0 motor, does anyone have any good/bad experiances with these carbs or thoughts on whether the 40's or 44's are better matched to this motor? I have a pair of 34's with electric chokes on my ghia and totally love them, I've had zero tuning or maintenance problems in years of use, but don't know if that's the case with the bigger versions on a type 4.
Bleyseng
still have the FI? go with that as you make more hp with the FI due to the FI cam in your engine.

Changing the cam to a carb cam? Then its worth the money to go to dual 40 Webers or a set of used 40 Dells.

The single throat Kadrons don't make all that much power much like the little 34 single baby Webers.
rtalich
As far as performance gains... Are there any between the stock FI setup and changing to the carb/cam setup?
hellsbend
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 28 2006, 09:32 AM) *

still have the FI? go with that as you make more hp with the FI due to the FI cam in your engine.

Changing the cam to a carb cam? Then its worth the money to go to dual 40 Webers or a set of used 40 Dells.

The single throat Kadrons don't make all that much power much like the little 34 single baby Webers.

I need electric chokes since I live in snow country, dual webers and dells are out of the question on this daily driver. So it's solex or FI, and I hate all that FI crap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.