Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dipstick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rambo
What notch should the oil level be at on my ' 72 914/4/1.6 TRIKE; my manual says 2.8 quarts...but that puts the level at 1/2 way between the end of the dipstick and the 1st notch of 3 notches. ar15.gif
bd1308
1600?

thats a type 1

type 4s were 1700, 1800 and 2000.

all type 4s needed 3.75 quarts I believe, but most run 4 quarts just for buffer.
maf914
agree.gif The Haynes manual says 7.4 pints or 3.7 quarts. I always use four quarts. No problems.

The manual also indicates 2.1 pints to fill from the lower mark on the dipstick to the upper mark. Are you sure you have the correct dipstick for your engine?
Rambo
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 28 2006, 12:03 PM) *

agree.gif The Haynes manual says 7.4 pints or 3.7 quarts. I always use four quarts. No problems.

The manual also indicates 2.1 pints to fill from the lower mark on the dipstick to the upper mark. Are you sure you have the correct dipstick for your engine?

----------------------------------------------
to tell you the truth....I ain't sure of anything..after I started it up this afternoon, the level came up to the middle notch.that was 2.5 hrs ago and it is still there.
Rambo
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 28 2006, 12:03 PM) *

------------------------------------
it looks like the dipstick they show in the manual..except the manual only has 2 notches....after running the engine, the level comes to the middle notch, but you say I should add another 1/2 qt ...right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.