Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plug Wire Choice with MSD & Pertronix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I have neen running these skinny 7mm plug wires with the new MSD 6AL, Blaster II coil and Pertronix for both street driving and at the track. They seem to be doing pretty well.

My question is, MSD says that I need suppresion wires for the MSD and coil to work at it's optimum efficiency. The fat wires I bought have Beru connectors on them.

Is this okay? I have heard (through other boards) that the Beru type connectors do not work well with the MSD.

A. True B. False.

Thanks...
bd1308
if they work, why change it?
Series9
Use very low resistence wires with the MSD. Liz and I spent a month pulling our hair out over the quick expiration of every cap/rotor we intalled.

Turned out to be the Magnecore resistor wires we were using.

Going back to stock wires solved the problem.
ThinAir
I'm running a Pertronix with a Bosch Blue Coil and the Magnecor wires from Pelican Parts do just fine with that setup.
shaggy
ive used pertrinics with bosch blue coil and bosch premium 7mm wires with no problem.

-shag
Joe Ricard
personally can't stand Beru type connectors. I usually end up burning the connections where the wire and connector screw together.

I have not hada lick of problems with my 7mm Magnacor Electrosports. which are suppression wires for the Hyfire box.
Root_Werks
Allan, A 914-6 recently was running MSD/Pertronix and matching blaster2 coil. Kept frying the cap/rotor and even the tip of the coil. Just as series9 said, moving back to stock wires fixed the problem. The MSD system requires a certain amount of resistance to work with other items correctly.

I think, but am not sure that means spark plugs as well. But I am not sure. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.