Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could this be your "Daily Driver?"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
What do you think? Porsche Sedan???? YES?/ NO? idea.gif
LowGT
I wouldn't be interested in spending all that money for a 4 door family/performance car, but that's just me. Same goes for BMW, Mercedes, etc...

I'll have my Toyota Camry with dog slobbered windows and drink stained seats, then my 2 seat sports car. smile.gif
shaggy
really think theyll do it?

the other porsche sedan, the 989, got canned before it hit production.

if they go through with it till just be thrown in with BMWs when its prolly much more which might not be the best sales aspect.

-shag
grantsfo
QUOTE(LowGT @ Sep 28 2006, 07:21 PM) *

I wouldn't be interested in spending all that money for a 4 door family/performance car, but that's just me. Same goes for BMW, Mercedes, etc...

I'll have my Toyota Camry with dog slobbered windows and drink stained seats, then my 2 seat sports car. smile.gif

You know youre a Californian when you drive around in your Euro Sedan with the slobering and shedding dog and dont give a crap! biggrin.gif

Hell yeah I'm all over that sedan if it is affordable. LOL!
newto914s
[quote name='grantsfo' date='Sep 28 2006, 06:46 PM' post='783094']
[quote name='LowGT' post='783064' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:21 PM']
Hell yeah I'm all over that sedan if it is affordable. LOL!
[/quote]

Yea, right!
Personaly, it does nothing for me. Porsche is about kick ass-design, making things better than everyone else. That's why the Cayenne works, in full trim it's faster than most sports cars and can hold it's own in a tank proving ground(Top Gear). I just don't see the point.
Mr.C
Is the engine still in the back? It kinda looks like a Mazda to me.
rick 918-S
jusr another reason to can the entire design department. icon8.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(dekman @ Sep 28 2006, 07:01 PM) *

What do you think? Porsche Sedan???? YES?/ NO? idea.gif

I know this test mule has some extra body work on it to hide its true shape, but I think I'm going to like it.....we are sorta in the market now for a larger 4 door European sedan...too bad this one won't be out for awhile and it'll be too expensive anyways blink.gif
dekman
The article said it will be out in 2009. Engines: 3.5 v-6(300hp), 4.5 v-8(350hp), 4.5 turbo(560hp), and poss 5.7v-10(612hp). Talk of a Hybrid v-6 with 60kw electric motor. " Panamerica production begins in Sept. 2008 in Porsche's Lepizig plant, with annunal volume of 20,000 cars." No pricing given...my guess is 80-90 thousand dollars. Howard will buy one! mrs.K.gif
Crazyhippy
I drive my 914 daily... so no, it's not even close...

BJH
dlo914
IPB Image
Is this the 989 they canned? It's call the Panamera. Looks better than the one posted in the first post.
GaroldShaffer
At the production time we will be in the market for a another "family" car. We are not mini van / SUV people. So something like this is a possiblilty. By that time hopefully we won't have any major bills to pay (mid life 40 somethings nothing but a mortgage) I really like the BMW 5 series and if this is in the price range maybe just maybe, but I would have to drive it first.
sjhowitson
I think Porsche should spend the $ on an affordable pocket rocket. I would be much more willing to spend the cash for a cayman for about $30,000 the a $90,000 4 door sport sedan.

My .02
Brian Mifsud
hey, what happens now that they are out of 900 numbers?
jonwatts
I mostly see another donor platform.

I agree with Porsche making cars like this and the Cayenne for people who want a nice car with a status symbol nameplate. Hopefully it will allow them to make the sports cars more sporty.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 28 2006, 10:32 PM) *

IPB Image
Is this the 989 they canned? It's call the Panamera. Looks better than the one posted in the first post.

This ones way better than that fat wollowing beast in the first post!
JPB
Porsche is hitting the schmitvagon market? av-943.gif

They are just grabing for air and money from people who don't need it.

They need to resurrect the 914 with some HPs and a good price tag. New ricers have flared fenders now!

beer.gif They must be some hurting SOBs with all that automotive industry competition. I'm a teener guy not Porsche.LOL
jgara962
What a POS! It looks like a Dodge with an aftermarket body kit.

Porsche should stick to what it does best - sports cars.
Hawktel
To me it doesn't even look european designed, but very asian.

I'm not going to be bound by an opinion made from crappy photos, but preliminary, I have say thumbs down.
anthony
You guys are harsh critics. I think it will look like a 4 door 997 when all the faux body work comes off. I like the 997 so I'll probably like this one too. But a $80-100K car is out of the question for me so it doesn't really matter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.