Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch fork freeplay.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mihai914
I need some input on the clutch fork travel. I recall the spec being 20 mm but how to measure it was never clear to me.

I haven't changed the flywheel or pp, only put in a new 6 spring disc since the other one was contaminated from a good mainseal leak.

During the repair I found a couple of things missing such as the plastic spacers around the throw out bearing and the clip that is supposed to hold the fork to the ball cup, everything is fixed now and much tighter than before.

Here are some pictures of the fork travel to the point where the TO bearing makes contact with the PP, is it good?

I have no reference point so I don't know if I need more or less...

Thans for the help.
Dr Evil
So long as the bearing is not pressed to hard against the pressure plate you have no real problem.
mihai914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 28 2006, 10:53 PM) *

So long as the bearing is not pressed to hard against the pressure plate you have no real problem.

Thanks Dr., no problem with that issue, in the second picture you can see when the bearing is making contact after a certain amount of travel compared to the first picture.
Rider914
Looks like the same as mine . . . maybe a touch more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.