Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Instrument cluster removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
Any help is much appreciated. I have the entire instrument cluster out but a cable running from the speedometer to the dash panel. What is this and how do i remove it?

Thanks,

Mark
jim_hoyland
Is it possible the odometer reset ?
Zimms
I don't know. From the driver's view, the cable exits the speedo on the right side, and is attached the the dash panel on the lip. It looks like a post with a milled flat on it. No nut, or anything I can find that looks like a threaded connection. I think the post had a little knurled knob on it efore I started.
brant
your describing the speedo reset.
if the knurled knob is already off then just push upward at the dash lip and it will slip out of its plastic holder on the dash lip.

brant
PRS914-6
Look for a small set screw that holds the knob on the shaft
So.Cal.914
It takes a small straight blade to unscrew said set screw, removal is pretty

straight forward from there.

I think this is just the reason many of them are missing. "What the hell is with

this fuching wire"... RIP..... Oh $hit.
GaroldShaffer
You can also remove it from the speedo itself. The trip reset cables does come out of the speedo. All the ones I have seen have a white plastic sleeve that pulls out the back of the speedo. I was able to reinstall the cable and teh trip odometer worked just fine. YMMV confused24.gif
Dave_Darling
There may be a very flat nut holding the reset cable (you turn the end to reset the trip odometer) onto the dash frame. If not, just push it up.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.