I'm coming to an end on my 2.5 week clutch install. I have one problem, I've replaced the syncro on 1st and I can't seem to get the tranny to shift in all gears when everything is tightened down. When I do get all the gears to shift, the 30mm nut is not tightened. When I do tighten the 30mm nut, I can only shift in a few gears. What am I doing wrong here? The tranny is a side-shift. I've used read everyones how-to articles but I'm soo close and its not making sense anymore.

Why has it taken me 2.5 weeks?

Well, the bottom of the car has been completely sand blasted and new undercoating applied.

PO took short-cuts, had to fix

All rear couplings, cv joints, bearings had 30 years of dirt and gunk... NOT FUN

Added an external oil cooler

Took apart the tin only to find a very old nest of something. Didnt find any bones so I guess it made it out in time. I wondered why it wasnt cooling very well.

All new bushings, grounding system, and power wiring

Re-painted all exhaust.

Installed new seals where the PO said he replaced.. Needless to say, there were not any seals.

30 years of rusted nuts and bolts

cleaned the thermostat for the first time in decades and it still works!!

Tools bought:

Impact gun, Air compressor, impact sockets, torq. wrench, torx set, 30mm socket (not fun to locate), misc harware.

In conclusion, can I borrow some money? The clutch and new flywheel hurts as it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on the tranny. The leaves have turned and I wanna go play in the GA "mountains." MDB2.gif

Hills to all those out west.

Barry