Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lame... debris kills headlight door....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
done with class for the week. grandparents *who cook well* are 20 min away. i like to check up on em a few times a month and eat dinner with em....

so i drive to whittier... blah blah and on my way back...

piece of debris flung up by car in front of me.... misses rally lights, misses bumper... misses headlight... but clips the headlight door (i dont have the surrounds on at the moment)

headlight door is knocked loose at top... flutters for a second... and then breaks loose on bottom...

proceeds to fly up hood (dark... cant see how many scratches) and misses the A pillar and the mirror...

LAME. i now need a headlight door, and need to get it painted... right side headlight door if you got one...

AA blink.gif
Toast
DAMN! I'm never going to get my ride now!!! stick.gif
Duffster
I gots 'un. pm me tomorrow.
TINCAN914
See now if you were driving slow like I do this would not have happened.. biggrin.gif
Just teasing that sucks.. Hope whatever damage there is it's limited...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(bmunday @ Sep 28 2006, 08:53 PM) *

See now if you were driving slow like I do this would not have happened.. biggrin.gif
Just teasing that sucks.. Hope whatever damage there is it's limited...

it was traffic at 8 ish... going like 60....

i guess i needed to do better in qualifying so i could be up front..... none of this would have happened...

still... wtf blink.gif AA
Bruce Allert
bet you was tailgate'n the semi when the re-tread flew apart n' clip'd ya laugh.gif

(jes' kidd'n) beer.gif

bet it gave ya a rush tho, huh? smoke.gif

.....b
Aaron Cox
saw it coming... and said to myself "Self, this is about to get you pissed off"....

i have come to the conclusion.. i cant own anything nice.... it just doesnt stay that way.

it is what it is... cant change it... and no beer in the fridge....
brant
If you don't have one by next week..
pm me. I'm going to my father's house where all of the spare parts are stored. I think we have one there.
its yours free... just let me know during the week.

brant
bigequip
Aaron,
I have one in Corona at my shop/yard. Call me at 951-317-4290 Dave
So.Cal.914
If you still need one I can bring you one at the swapmeet in Riverside. Let me

know.
craig downs
I also have a brand new one. I'll be glad to help you paint it for free.
Twystd1
IF I have one in storage. it's yours Aaron... I'll swap ya for a picture of Eric in the pink shirt. My grandmother will love it.!!!!!!!!

Then we take it over to my buddy Jimmy's detail shop in Costa. And have him custom color match it.

DONE..!!

Now...whatcha wanna do?

Your old ugly bro from da beach.

NOTE: I have new phone number. Will call ya tomorrow or next.
Always Looking
That is lame.

I don't have a spare lid, but you can have the one off my car. (that's kind of like someone offering you the shirt off their back if the shirt had sweat rings and holes in it and was too thin to help with anything and you'd be better off without a shirt biggrin.gif )

BUT NO BEER - what a shame. I can always help with that. (and that is like someone offering a Calvin Klein shirt when you need just spilled coffee on your above shirt just before a blind date with a playboy model.)

beer3.gif

Dan
Brando
I got a spare yeller one brah. Even has a headlight attached. Lemme know if you need it tomorrow.
Robert21
smile.gif See what happens when you paint your car , everything out there
is after your new paint job.

Robert
Toast
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Sep 28 2006, 09:02 PM) *

saw it coming... and said to myself "Self, this is about to get you pissed off"....

i have come to the conclusion.. i cant own anything nice.... it just doesnt stay that way.

it is what it is... cant change it... and no beer in the fridge....

COPYCAT! tongue.gif Uhhhh.....hope my bad car karma isn't rubbing off on you. blink.gif
bondo
Whoo, you have quite a fan club!

(I don't have a spare headlight lid.. but what are you going to do with 15 of them anyways?) lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.