Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Acceleration problems...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
Just tonight the 14' developed this symptom of lagging when i get the rpms up to 3800k. It lags for a while and then jolts lightly past 3800k. Before 3800k and after that mark the car runs fine. It's only when i reach 3800k rpms. What could be causing this lag? Earlier Joe (KaptKaos) suggested i lightly file the points to see if that would make a difference. I did that along w/ filing down the grounds inside the cap and wiped it down w/ a paper towel. Still after all that filing and cleaning the car still has this symptom. sad.gif
Twystd1
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Sep 28 2006, 11:23 PM) *

Just tonight the 14' developed this symptom of lagging when i get the rpms up to 3800k. It lags for a while and then jolts lightly past 3800k. Before 3800k and after that mark the car runs fine. It's only when i reach 3800k rpms. What could be causing this lag? Earlier Joe (KaptKaos) suggested i lightly file the points to see if that would make a difference. I did that along w/ filing down the grounds inside the cap and wiped it down w/ a paper towel. Still after all that filing and cleaning the car still has this symptom. sad.gif

Dlo,

Give us some specs on the car.

Year?
Carbs or injection?
Have you done ANTHING to the car recently?
Is the car and engine bone stock?
Any engine mods?
etc.?

It helps to have some more data.

Thanks bro...!!!!!

Clayton

Bleyseng
sticking advance plate
too lean a fuel mix

confused24.gif
Brando
How's the little fiber block on your points look?

Trigger points?

Vacuum leak?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.