Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Car Cover?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WildWheeler
Hey Everyone,

What is the best car cover for our 914's?
Where can I buy it?

I am looking for one mainly for indoor winter storage, but would like to buy a really good one.
Idealy it would be a fitted one, to the shape of our cars.

Thank you all for your help.

Cheers beerchug.gif ,
Scott
Bleyseng
To cover the cab, I use Perry's Umbrella cover which is heavy enough for outside use too. Keeps the rain and sun out of the cabin.

Inside I use a old Porsche one that was given to me.
Jeroen
http://www.calcarcover.com
VWnDRAG
I agree, California Car Cover.
Custom fit with material choices for indoor/outdoor, cheap/expensive.

JmuRiz
I got a noah, good cover, good fit. Also have the umbrella cover to take with me in case I get stuck in a rain.
anthony
Doesn't Noah fabric soak up water in the rain?

The Cal Car Cover Co. Superweave fabric is awesome in wet weather. Rain beads right off.

CoverKing would be a good choice.

http://www.coverking.com/

CoverCraft has a fabric called Weathershield HD. I think it is very similar to Superweave.

http://www.covercraft.com/

What ever you do get a custom cover and you really have to spend over $200 to get a top quality outdoor cover.
Alison Baker
Martin & I have a Noah and its awesome...........kinda pricey though but worth it !

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 29 2006, 12:34 PM) *

I got a noah, good cover, good fit. Also have the umbrella cover to take with me in case I get stuck in a rain.

spare time toys
This one beerchug.gif I got it in a parts swap with Doug C. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
Doug Leggins
Mine came from GPR. My wife and kids got it for father's day for me a couple of years ago wub.gif . They had it customized for my car. I'll post a pic later.

I ordered some parts from Dave yesterday and he said that he had a few more in stock. So far mine has worked well. It is an outdoor quality cover. When looking at covers I was really only considering indoor covers, but the wife thought it was a good idea to get an outdoor cover so I could take it with me to events and I could cover the car when it had to be parked outside -good idea! I haven't used it outdoors yet, but likely will at some time.

My cover is made by Covercraft. It is the Block-it Evolution material. I googled "Block-it Evolution" and was able to find good info on the cover.

I think that the price from GPR was about $140 but I am not sure.

G e o r g e
this one looks nice

go to club article, then down to 15
RogerYellow914
I got a custom "Nextec" cover from either Pelican or Performance a few years ago. I really like it. Custom fit, light material, breaths, water proof and machine washable.

-Roger
Doug Leggins
Here is a pic of my 914 car cover.

Also in the garage, my father in law has some cars with nice car covers. The one that I like most is the "Back East" brand. They fit great and are very soft. They are 100% cotton and are pretty much indoor use only.
rmital
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 29 2006, 06:21 AM) *

To cover the cab, I use Perry's Umbrella cover which is heavy enough for outside use too. Keeps the rain and sun out of the cabin.

...mine just got here today...holy crap, this thing is nice. I wont have to worry about the rain leaking in around the top of the driver side door any more!
Thanks Perry!

GaroldShaffer
I think you have Perry's cover on inside out, but then again its water proof so it really doesn't matter confused24.gif
rmital
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Sep 29 2006, 06:15 PM) *

I think you have Perry's cover on inside out, but then again its water proof so it really doesn't matter confused24.gif

yeah...the dark grey side is more plush...better for the car side, not the weather side. Glad I posted the pic...thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.