Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So where do people punch holes for oil lines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Got all my fittings, the thermostat is in, lines will run up the driver side under the rocker panel.....so, where's the best way to punch in thru to the front turnk where the cooler be?????

Elliot_Cannon
I like the way the PO of my car had his done. Inside the rocker panel, looped inside the top of the fender then into the trunk at the top of the fender. Like this.
StratPlayer
Mine run on the passenger side this is where the lines run in. I've had that cooler mounted up there for 4 yrs. now without any problems what so ever.
Elliot_Cannon
nuther pic
Elliot_Cannon
wun mo
Aaron Cox
dont bottom smile.gif

i like the thru the long mode... like the GT cars... its easy. or you could go up the fenderwell and come up by the gas tank....
Joe Bob
How thick is the metal in the longs?
DanT
here you go.

lines go under tank, up over front bulk head, down into heater blower opening, behind speaker grills (inside heater flex pipe), into heater tube inside long. smile.gif
dekman
Mike, I found it much easier to go down the drivers side....less holes to drill. In the longs I just enlarged them and added rubber groments. I used existing holes in the fender....I did have to pound the tank a little to get the lines past though.... Still need to make a shield for the lines in the wheeel well.....some day. If you need more pic's...let me know. rob cool_shades.gif
John
I went through the heater tubes on both sides. At the front, I guided each side through the box section that the factory used when routing the GT Oil lines.

There should be some pics in my BLOG.

Pic from My BLOG
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.