Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento-Silver Star on 10-8-06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Tobra
The Silver Star Swap meet and Concourse is on Sunday Oct 8. Perhaps we could do a gitogether after? Don't know how good my place would be, I will mention it to the wife, but she does not seem too keen on gatherings at the house.

We could always hit that sports bar by Michael's house on Fair Oaks Blvd, or Swabbies on the river out by the airport, or do a cookout scene at a local park, Goethe Park is not too far from Silver Star, or perhaps hit one of the local Brew Pubs beer3.gif Rubicon or Sacramento Brew Co, microbrew is almost never a bad thing.

NE1 interested?

Silver Star Recyclers
porschecb
I am in! My place is always ok or where ever. Just let me know. idea.gif jsharp.gif beerchug.gif
Chris Pincetich
Did someone say swap meet?! Please share details if you have been to this before...is it their parts only? Locals with their "garage sales"? Private industry vendors? A 914 swap meet + afternoon BBQ makes for a nice Sunday. Although, I should stay at home and work on the car. blink.gif
beerchug.gif
anthony
I always keep meaning to go to this one. Next weekend might finally work for me.
eg914
As of today I plan on going to the swap meet. Anything after is icing on the cake. Mmmmm ... cake ... count me in unless my wife decides I have other plans smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Sep 29 2006, 04:37 PM) *

The Silver Star Swap meet and Concourse is on Sunday Oct 8. Perhaps we could do a gitogether after? Don't know how good my place would be, I will mention it to the wife, but she does not seem too keen on gatherings at the house.

We could always hit that sports bar by Michael's house on Fair Oaks Blvd, or Swabbies on the river out by the airport, or do a cookout scene at a local park, Goethe Park is not too far from Silver Star, or perhaps hit one of the local Brew Pubs beer3.gif Rubicon or Sacramento Brew Co, microbrew is almost never a bad thing.

NE1 interested?

Silver Star Recyclers

In the past this has been a smallish but worthwhile swap meet. Not all 914 but some stuff... You guys need to be aware that this year is going to be a little different. PCA SVR has piggybacked a zone concours event into the formerly smallish event. If Niello earlier in the year is any indication, their might well be 75 -100 cars at this event just in the concours.

That said, this is the anniversary of Michaels first BBQ at he and Wanda's pad...

How about we all go to someplace new and cool.... Ideas?
Tobra
Question #1, do we want to cook out, go to a bar or go to a house. My vote would be for Michael's crib. There are several restaurants near Sunrise and US 50 though, including Rudy's if you are into surf and turf, though I guess that one is closer to Hazel.

Silver Star is closed, technically, on Sundays, which is why they do it then. I am told that a few years ago a guy showed up with a tractor trailer full of 914 stuff and was actually giving it away. Which is pretty sweet, unless you are my friend Jim who brought a low boy trailer out trying to sell stuff, pissed him right off...but it meant he had more stuff to toss in when I bought my car smile.gif
porschecb
My question is how can Silver Star handle that many cars? Last time I was there (2 years ago) they had a car show w/swap meet and i saw room for maybe 25-35 cars in the front parking lot. confused24.gif
Alison Baker
Martin & I will have you guy's over at our place after the Swap Meet....Just bring

whatever you want too eat...we will provide drink's, crisp's n dip and other stuff.

We live 5 minutes from Silver Star...

Just let us know if you can attend.
porschecb
Sounds good to me! I am there! burnout.gif
Alison Baker
Ok Guy's .I need to know what you will be drinking at the BBQ......so I can start

getting the food and all in.........

Soda,beer,Iced tea ? Let me know
Tobra
So it is a housewarming/swap eh? Well welcome to Sacto. I am easy myself, eat or drink anything.
Alison Baker
Its a housewarming and a BBQ wrapped into one !!

Do you drink coke, beer ? Just name and you will have it !!!

QUOTE(Tobra @ Sep 30 2006, 04:33 PM) *

So it is a housewarming/swap eh? Well welcome to Sacto. I am easy myself, eat or drink anything.

porschecb
Is there a store near you? Most will prob. stop and get bbq and bring what like to drink. But you will get a better idea by the end of the week. (beer) beer3.gif beerchug.gif jsharp.gif
Alison Baker
Micheal, there is a Raley's on Folsom Blvd or a Food Source on Old Placerville and Bradshaw....
Don't worry about the drink's Martin and I will get them.....

jsharp.gif

QUOTE(porschecb @ Oct 1 2006, 09:11 AM) *

Is there a store near you? Most will prob. stop and get bbq and bring what like to drink. But you will get a better idea by the end of the week. (beer) beer3.gif beerchug.gif jsharp.gif

Alison Baker
icon_bump.gif boldblue.gif

Should be a great time!

HeloMech
Well that's just great timing. I'm actually up in Rancho Cordova starting tomorrow but heading home on friday evening. lol. Then it's off to Joe's for the 7th... weeeeeeeeeeee
Martin Baker
Swing by, you in a Hotel nearby? I work at Mather, but its always 914 here, 24/7. I live in Rancho, so PM if you are looking for something to do.
Tobra
Look forward to seeing the new crib. Is that the same red car you had? Sweet little survivor. You have 916 posts as I read this, hmmm
HeloMech
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 2 2006, 03:20 PM) *

Swing by, you in a Hotel nearby? I work at Mather, but its always 914 here, 24/7. I live in Rancho, so PM if you are looking for something to do.

Uhm, you work in Mather and you're an A&P?? lol

Wanna guess where I'll be wed-fri? Mather Field. Ulls-ae scp6 cssamo/admin course. Staying at the Hallmark Suites in Rancho Cordova. Will get there tomorrow evening and have a rental car. boldblue.gif
Martin Baker
<!-- quoteo(post=785965:date=Oct 2 2006, 04:36 PM:name=Tobra) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 2 2006, 04:36 PM) *</
Martin Baker
<!-- quoteo(post=786077:date=Oct 2 2006, 06:49 PM:name=HeloMech) --><div
Tobra
Say when, got the sway bars and brakes hooked up. Where you AX? Had to bleed the brakes a couple of times after replacing the rubber hoses to get it to hook up, still need to do the vent clearance in the back, keep putting PB Blaster on the adjuster, sort of want to have the new adjuster available, in case it gets damaged.

Sweet wheels, I got some Pedrini's I need to do. What appened to that deal on the 27th up in Willows any way?
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 2 2006, 08:41 PM) *

Say when,

What appened to that deal on the 27th up in Willows any way?

Stockton, 29th Oct. Register on the SVR site.

Trekkor took over management of that event...
Tobra
have to get a helmet, or do I for AX?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 2 2006, 10:44 PM) *

have to get a helmet, or do I for AX?

I can answer that... You do need a helmet but most people when they are starting out use a loner helmet from the club. All you need for the loner helmet is a valid drivers license.
Tobra
Might as well get one, will need it sooner or later, what spec will I need?

Figure SA 2005, or whatever the 2005 one is, Snell/Ansi?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 3 2006, 06:24 PM) *

Latest Snell will do you just fine. Avoid Motorcycle helmets as they are a different spec apparently and according to the rules are not allowed. Though generally no one says anything.
Tobra
Thanks, guess I better join PCA too
Alison Baker
a wee icon_bump.gif for the guy's that are coming too the BBQ.....

Name your preferred drink ............

See you all Sunday piratenanner.gif
porschecb
Beer for me I don't care what kind. We will also need an address soon. confused24.gif
Alison Baker
QUOTE(porschecb @ Oct 4 2006, 10:09 AM) *

Beer for me I don't care what kind. We will also need an address soon. confused24.gif

Martin & I's address

3536 Misty Morning Circle
Sac, 95827

1. Start at 11315 DISMANTLE CT, RANCHO CORDOVA - go < 0.1 mi
2. Turn on RECYCLE RD - go 0.4 mi
3. Turn on SUNRISE BLVD - go 0.8 mi
4. Turn on WHITE ROCK RD - go 2.4 mi
5. Turn on ROCKINGHAM DR - go 0.6 mi
6. Turn on NUT PLAINS DR - go 0.4 mi
7. NUT PLAINS DR becomes ELLENWOOD AVE - go 0.1 mi
8. Turn on MISTY MORNING CIR - go 0.1 mi
9. Arrive at 3536 MISTY MORNING CIR, SACRAMENTO, on the
Tobra
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 3 2006, 11:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 3 2006, 06:24 PM) *

Latest Snell will do you just fine. Avoid Motorcycle helmets as they are a different spec apparently and according to the rules are not allowed. Though generally no one says anything.

Went to Tognottis, all they had was SA2000 and M2000(M is for motorcycle, right?) Any suggestions for sources on a helmet? Maybe this should be in another thread. See you Sunday Alison, thanks for the offer to invade your sanctuary
Martin Baker
Several on-line places for Race equipment. I want an Arai GP Jet for my next helmet. Perfect for AX.
porschecb
Any time frame? I think Rob wants to enter one or more of his cars. He my want to see the outcome? I don't think so tho. ??? 1:00 ish?
Martin Baker
Not sure, Alison does not want to stay for the whole deal, I do, ah marrige. More when we know. I just took for granted that everyone would show up after the swap meet/concour. Not sure how I am gettin my parts there yet. Lot to work out in the next couple of days...
Trekkor
Trekkor took over management of that event...

confused24.gif

KT
Tobra
Martin,
The wife has a good sized SUV and I have a buddy with a pickup I could borrow, let me know, even planned to go to the bank and get change for a few 20's, just in case

May just borrow on the helmet first time out.
toby
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 6 2006, 07:04 AM) *

Martin,
The wife has a good sized SUV and I have a buddy with a pickup I could borrow, let me know, even planned to go to the bank and get change for a few 20's, just in case

May just borrow on the helmet first time out.
toby

Good idea... Helmets are kind of in flux if I recall correctly. A new Snell rating is being phased in... Make sure you get the latest Snell rating. Google the site.

I am planning on bringing one car. The Silver one. I do plan on staying until the results are announced just to hang with friends and see the cars. I have no doubt Martin would win with the new blue six in Comp Special Interest if he had autocrossed or DE in it this year. He loses 10 points for not having done that. That car is the most developed club racer 914 I have seen that is still streetable.
You guys don't miss the BBQ.
Martin Baker

I have a buddy with a pickup I could borrow, let me know

That would be great, I would greatly apprieciate that. Let me know what to do to make it happen. Will return with a full tank of gas, so PM with the details, or respond here.

Thanks,

Martin
Martin Baker
<!-- quoteo(post=788881:date=Oct 6 2006, 07:57 AM:name=Rotten Robby) --><div
Tobra
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 6 2006, 12:15 PM) *

I have a buddy with a pickup I could borrow, let me know

That would be great, I would greatly apprieciate that. Let me know what to do to make it happen. Will return with a full tank of gas, so PM with the details, or respond here.

Thanks,

Martin

You just did it, Brett is standing right here

beerchug.gif
Martin Baker
Anytime is good after 12, I am only going for the swap, and will only stay for a bit. Have fun!

Martin
Eric_Shea
Martin... need a favor at Silver Star tomorrow. Call me please:

801-674-3669

Thanks!
Martin Baker
Eric, what was the Point of Contacts name again?
I hate getting old...
Eric_Shea
Ryan. He should be managing the show.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 6 2006, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 6 2006, 07:57 AM) *

I have no doubt Martin would win with the new blue six in Comp Special Interest if he had autocrossed or DE in it this year. He loses 10 points for not having done that.

You are right Rob, I don't have a SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL !!

Well Baker, Martin Q... You have been a busy boy. Nice job on the vinyl. Did you paint the bumper before you installed it? I seem to recall that it was all white before. Dude if that car had tits my paws would be all over them!
By the way... I did buy a taildragger today.
Martin Baker
We all had an awesome time at The Silver Star Swap Meet........Will add picture's later
mikelsr
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 8 2006, 01:35 AM) *

I did buy a taildragger today.

Very cool but we need more info on it.

Mike
Tobra
This isn't it

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.