Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:OK You SUBIE guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zen motorcycle
Now that I have your attention biggrin.gif

Has anybody looked at the Mitsubishi power plants was just watching Top Gear and saw an Evolution with 400 BHP. I assume that Subaru and Mitsubishi don't use the same block. Has anybody started to look into those conversion.

If 230 is fun what does 400 =

Aaron Cox
mitsu evo = inline 4
suburau wrx = flat 4...

of course they dont use the same block
Crazyhippy
and there are 400hp subies too....

BJH
Ever look under the hood of an Evo? I think it would take a lot of work to put one in with the intercooler, turbo, etc. The cost of an Evo 8 or 9 engine is more than what 914's are currently worth. Talk about a 10 pound can of worms a Mitsu conversion would be.
RS22b
yeah what they dont really mention about the FQ400 is that it costs around 90k and actually has an aftermarket ecu and such to control all of the upgrades.
project-914
yeah 400 subie hp is doable too...forged internals, cams, fully built etc, with a rotated gt35r turbo, and the bajilion supporting mods, a standalone ecu (hydra, aem), and a damn good tune...look at easily above 10K

as for the evo engine...you have fun with that and cutting out the trunk so it will fit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.