Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lapping day at NPR in LA.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
DerekKim
Good evening everyone. It is 9:33 and I am beat! The day started with going to bed at 1 and getting up at 4 for the lapping day(I was too excited to sleep). I met up with Joe and we drove over together and also with my mother. We got there and I was super excited and nervous. I spun out once, and went off the track 3 or 4 times in the same spot. Not enough brake and I let off the throttle hehe. Joe took me for a ride in the Redneck Racer. It was a hoot. I was excited. Also got to ride along with an Mitsu. EVO. Pretty exciting. The day ended at 3 with me retiring with a hot and tired engine. I got in 4 good runs with a total of 20 hot laps. The further end of the day got a little hairy. Started with the clutch cable popping and then a rear caliper near locking up. Luckily Joe was here to get me home! Joe I would like to thank you again and publicly for how much work you have done to my car. I couldn't have done it without you and having to sit while you were on the way has gotten me thinking about wanting to do some/more of the work on my car solo... with a few phone calls here and there with quesitons(I know I am full of questions I am sorry). I will keep in touch. No pictures from me.. I was too busy driving! I can't wait for November 4th! I am beat and it is time for sleep. Night all! Oh and Joe 5th gear at 4200 was all she got

Derek
Joe Ricard
Derek's car is just too sweet to let him make it a Race car. So I will continueto assist him is keeping it running.

Nothing like a jack and 1 jack stand a flat piece of concrete to crawl up under a 914 after a day of lapping. alfred.gif

Anyway I felt good about my effort Real slicks rock. Took a new (with dealer plates on it ) ZO6 vette 4 laps to catch me. on the straight he would gain 30 yds on my and in the turns I could only gain back 20. His instructor told him to follow me except use the brake. 105 MPH thru turn 1 was my best and I only did it once. Scared the crap out of me. blink.gif
I'm down loading video but I will need to edit and stuff

Great driving Derek Onceyou got the hit the brake like you are dropping anchor. in a straight line. off the brake and give it gass in the turn.

Wait till he learns throttle lift over steer. happy11.gif
Trekkor
Track driving is great, huh?

I'm starting to get excited about this coming Friday at Sears.

KT
DerekKim
To sweet to make it a race car or afraid I'll catch up with you :-P. It was great driving today. I learned a lot about how my car behaves. Expecially when lift off and turn are applied. The whole anchor thing makes sense now haha. i felt like I was owning the track after a while. Until that last little off road excursion. I was struggling in turn 13 trying to hold myself up while preparing for the downshift. I will get a hold of you about the things for the car. I'm afraid I can't diagnose worth beans sad.gif. Can't wait to see the videos. I was waiting for you to post something. Not it's time for bed.... Mmmmm sleeeeep.
grantsfo
Sounds like fun!
Joe Ricard
Derek Wait till the Autocross. You ain't seen fun yet. I think my heart rate is double after a 50 second cone run as opposed to several hot laps at 100 MPH.
Oh and I suprised a real red neck mobile on the way home. late model Mustang vert decided to show me his tail lights. Well I could read them real good at 120 till I went by him. Chicken shit.

I'll try and get the vid's up later. I have such a head ache I truely believe I am alergic the race gas fumes. Yea I smoked him too only cause he was so stinky riding behind.

Here I Derek's car in turn 14.
http://media.putfile.com/Dereks-914-NPR

And me chasing my mentor Hassan in his real Type R powered civic hatch till the freaking altenator belt flew off.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NjnAcmjLBGo

Please feel free to provide commentsand stuff.
J P Stein
Well, ya gots some handles, & ya gots some driving talents, but ya need some horsepowers biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 1 2006, 12:30 PM) *

Well, ya gots some handles, & ya gots some driving talents, but ya need some horsepowers biggrin.gif

Well, I'm working on it. 2098cc shouldnot to too far off in the future. burnout.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Oct 1 2006, 10:58 AM) *

Well, I'm working on it. 2098cc shouldnot to too far off in the future. burnout.gif

I didn't say nuthin' about more handgrenades. biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Oct 1 2006, 01:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Oct 1 2006, 10:58 AM) *

I didn't say nuthin' about more handgrenades. biggrin.gif

Everybody knows that 4 is a better autocrosser
Joe Ricard
http://foxdeman.net/delta/strange/

Here are some pictures of the two Porsches at the track.
Trekkor
I like the track pics.

KT
DerekKim
I love the pics. I can't wait to get her up and running again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.