Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: chassis school?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
My 1.7 left for its new home today and now I'm trying to figure out what my next project will be...

Anyone ever been to a chassis building class like this:

http://www.jerrybickel.com/chassis_school.cfm

Are there other good ones? In California?

-Steve
Crazyhippy
I had looked into a Trophy truck version of the class (not the same guys). Seemed like a LOT of money for stuff i already know, or could learn easily from a book.

BJH
grantsfo
I'd worry about any school where this is part of the curriculum. "How Preload Affects the Rear End Orientation" blink.gif
GeorgeRud
Went to one years ago here in the midwest, mainly oval track stuff. I was blown away with the stuff these guys were doing. You could learn this stuff from books, but it was much more interesting in the classroom with the back and forth.
Brett W
Get some engineering books and learn about structures and such. Then learn about welding and fabrication. Then start building stuff. Start small with something like a small open wheel car. Then build it and build some more. Then you will begin to learn. These classes I think are more to make moeny for the people teaching them than they are to teach you anything useful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.