Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late Model Window Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Anyone have a picture of the pivot point of a late model window regulator. Mine came apart and I am trying to peen the gear mechanism back on to the regulator. I want to make sure that I have it right and do not want to pull the other regulator.

Thank you,
Dan
wilchek
does this help. I have some more but they are really close ups
wilchek
next
solex
Thanks wilchek, but i'm looking for pictures of the pivot point for the crank mechnism.

Dan
solex
Please see the attached.

Is there anyway to repair this piece it keeps coming off I tried peening it but every time I lower the window it comes off?

Thanks,
Dan
Tobra
When that part failed on my Super Beetle I had to get another one. Similar, almost the same really, mechanism.
wilchek
do you have a pic that is farther out so we can see what area you need help with. I would say you can fix it but it would be easier to get a new/used one.
solex
here is the full shot
914werke
its toast. sad.gif You need a new one.
solex
Out of curiosity, how is it supposed to be attached?
Tobra
there is like a little cap the shaft of the crank goes through that is crimped on there. It is sealed up with grease inside. Oops, yours broke on the other end
914itis
Is that for a driver or passenger side door . I may have one and you are local.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(914itis @ Feb 7 2014, 05:52 PM) *

Just so you know.. this thread is from 8 years ago biggrin.gif But good on you for helping out a local guy!
r_towle
Party pooper.

This relieves the boredom.
spare time toys
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 7 2014, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Feb 7 2014, 05:52 PM) *

Just so you know.. this thread is from 8 years ago biggrin.gif But good on you for helping out a local guy!

Remindsme of the world/club days when someone kept going back and pulling up threads from the beginning of time. idea.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.