Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why PO's bug me!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
alfred.gif when tearing into a new project i am always finding the crappy things the previous owners did, or neglected to mention( oh just a bit of rust).
i am guessing the inside of the parking lamp should be silver. ar15.gif
VaccaRabite
If that is all you get, you have nothing to worry about.

If you are a CW, then take the pain out of the blinker tubs. Easy enough. Otherwise, its not hurting anything.

Zach
PORobinSCHE
Zach,,,,oh do i have more rust! but isn't that what 'teeners' are all about?

Robin beerchug.gif
ws91420
Just remeber you are someone else's PO. laugh.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 1 2006, 10:08 PM) *

alfred.gif when tearing into a new project i am always finding the crappy things the previous owners did, or neglected to mention( oh just a bit of rust).
i am guessing the inside of the parking lamp should be silver. ar15.gif

Actually, it should be chrome plated. Can be re-done. Do at search on the main Forum.
Brando
Take off the headlight mount, media blast it and black-oxide it (phosphor-oxide). That'll prevent it from rusting within the next 5 decades.

Take the light bucket out, sandblast, black oxide, then paint the inside with a high-gloss silver, or get it chromed.
Joe Bob
You add it to the list, have a beer and deal with it.....
JPB
Be part of the 914 club rust conservation team where we say," rust needs to live too brother."

beer.gif Por-15
pfierb
How about the PO of my 73 glueing the front trunk seal in upside down and this one wins all awards for wierdness installing a vapor proof marine electrical shut off switch behind the console with cables running to it that are big enough for use on earth moving equipment and then wrapping the whole mess in foam rubber so it wouldn't rattle still haven't figured that one out.
Joe Ricard
Yup DAPO are some wierd people.
Derek and I are working through some DAPO issues with his car.
Just amazing what they come up with to solve a problem.
william harris
I have a good one. My DAPO obviously had to deal with a broken cable to release the front trunk lid. So what did they do to access the latch mechanism, remember there is a small access hole that will allow you to manually open the latch. Did he remove the bumper? This means taking out four bolts - about a 10 minute job. OH HELL NO!!! HE DRILLED FOUR OR FIVE BIG ASS HOLES IN THE BEAUTIFUL CHROME BUMPER UNTIL HE FOUND THE HOLE. What a dumb ass bootyshake.gif
freezing14
the best one i have seen so far is a PO who filled the inner long and back firewall with insulating foam, carved it and painted it so that it would look like everything was OK,, the car had chassis flex and I could not figured it out unitl i got it home and started poking with a scew driver!!!!

why ,, why , why confused24.gif confused24.gif
gopack
here is the favorite one my DAPO did:
IPB Image
replacement battery tray. almost as good as the orriginal, and probably lighter. the guy at the body shop reached in and with one hand, just yanked it out!

the throttle cable linkage is another good one, but I don't have a picture of that one... I will probably have to retrofit it with the CB performance carb linkage when I get her back together!
Robert21
agree.gif I agree with all that been said, i have done some dumb things to my 914, But that was before i found the 914club. to ask you guys before doing a job.

i had to go back and fix the things i did . Not ever selling so i can live
with some of them

Robert21
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.