Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1,200 plus miles to Washington
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
Hey,
I made it to washington (Everson) with no problems, just hammered the throttle most of the way. Met a member of the club along the way. It was a long drive but the car was perfict. We are involved in stripping the car down to bare metal now. The mountains were so so fun flying through. I am connected to a dial up connection so no pictures but having a great time.
John beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Great!!! You were lucky too as it was sunny today. smilie_pokal.gif
Crazyhippy
woo hoo....

1st major road trip handled.

BJH
drive-ability
I just kept it in 4 gear once I got on the freeway, even all through the mountains. Theres so much power its like an auto trans. I think I stoped for gas a 1/2 dozen times, filled up when it got to 1/4 tank. The roads along the 5 north are really smooth and the ride was smooth as glass. I has a few cars chace me through the mountains and they would hang close until the hills then I would just leave them behind, the car just pulls the mountain hills like there not there. It was a blast. We hope to have the car compleated in 15 days. My bud wants to paint the base coats and color sand inbetween along with a 1/2 dozne coats of clear which takes a day each. flag.gif
You're in Everson? I lived there not too long ago. I now live down the road on South Pass. My 914 is down for engine work, but my 924's are up and running. Nice to see someone lives close by.
rhodyguy
depending on the price, your friend might be able to stay pretty busy painting 914s for the local crowd. the old $4.5k, "how much if i take it apart?", "$4.5k!" gets pretty old.

k
drive-ability
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 2 2006, 07:49 AM) *

depending on the price, your friend might be able to stay pretty busy painting 914s for the local crowd. the old $4.5k, "how much if i take it apart?", "$4.5k!" gets pretty old.

k

Hey,
We are on South Pass, east of tuxedo gardens on the south side of the road. The house with the big black steel bbq for sale out front. 3267 South Pass rd.
Come on down and talk with Gary about paint work. Gary does great work, knows how to prep correctly, honest as they come, as we have been friends for 30 years. aktion035.gif
mstein95
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 2 2006, 07:49 AM) *

depending on the price, your friend might be able to stay pretty busy painting 914s for the local crowd.

I resemble that remark

How far away is Everson......... idea.gif
drive-ability
Hey,
spent the day stripping the paint and grinding off everything else. I just didn't think there was so much work involved doing a compleat paint job. smash.gif

Just outside Everson is a house with maybe 7 914's parked in the yard, does anyone know who this person is? I could use a drivers door, late (1974). We stopped by but no one was home. boldblue.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Oct 1 2006, 09:22 PM) *

I just kept it in 4 gear once I got on the freeway, even all through the mountains. Theres so much power its like an auto trans. I think I stoped for gas a 1/2 dozen times, filled up when it got to 1/4 tank. The roads along the 5 north are really smooth and the ride was smooth as glass. I has a few cars chace me through the mountains and they would hang close until the hills then I would just leave them behind, the car just pulls the mountain hills like there not there. It was a blast. We hope to have the car compleated in 15 days. My bud wants to paint the base coats and color sand inbetween along with a 1/2 dozne coats of clear which takes a day each. flag.gif

John,

Correct me if I'm wrong:
15 ga x 6 = 90
1200 / 90 = 13.3 MPG

I just got a knurled wire brush attachment for the grinder to strip some of the paint. Fortunately most of the paint has been stripped and the lids replaced with f/g or CF. It looks like our cars will be painted in the same timeframe. smilie_pokal.gif
drive-ability
Another day of prep work, we have one side ready and most of the other almost there. I think the work is going well.

The gas mileage I cam up with is just over 22 mpg, as I didn't have an empty tank when I filled up. jsharp.gif
sixnotfour
Just outside Everson is a house with maybe 7 914's parked in the yard, does anyone know who this person is? I could use a drivers door, late (1974). We stopped by but no one was home.

Guessing; http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=2137
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.