Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just called AA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
$260 I was quoted, and the guy didnt know much about anything.

But he found out what he needed to find out and answered my Qs.

I dunno if my seal warrants a $260 replacement just yet, I'll try more RTV in the meantime.
bd1308
Now what was said to me that these seals are coming in, but there was a list and these seals will go quickly.
Lou W
Do they require a full deposit up front?
bd1308
not positive, but my feeling is yes.
Lou W
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:55 AM) *

I figured that they would, I got a e-mail from them yesterday offering previous NLA parts, here is one of those parts;
bd1308
I know. I was excited to see that available.

I hope they get a steady stream of windshield seals available, cause i dont have 260 rigth nwo

I could look for a used seal.

ptravnic
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 2 2006, 01:04 PM) *

I figured that they would, I got a e-mail from them yesterday offering previous NLA parts, here is one of those parts;

That part for onlly $23... Oh yeah, plus shipping. Shipping likely brings that part up to ~ $30.

How is that part worth $30?
Mueller
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Oct 2 2006, 10:11 AM) *

That part for onlly $23... Oh yeah, plus shipping. Shipping likely brings that part up to ~ $30.

If it truely is NLA from the usual places and you "need" one, then it might be worth $50 or more smile.gif

bd1308
honestly I dont care...

Whats teh alternative, whittling one out of wood?
Mueller
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:40 AM) *

I dunno if my seal warrants a $260 replacement just yet, I'll try more RTV in the meantime.

don't expect them to come down in price and just hope they still have them when you decide that you do need one smile.gif

Lou W
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 2 2006, 10:16 AM) *

QUOTE(ptravnic @ Oct 2 2006, 10:11 AM) *

If it truely is NLA from the usual places and you "need" one, then it might be worth $50 or more smile.gif

The part is out there, cheaper too.
Lou W
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 2 2006, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:40 AM) *

don't expect them to come down in price and just hope they still have them when you decide that you do need one smile.gif

You have to figure how many people have left their deposits, for how long, waiting for a part that AA may be charging too much for "when" it finally becomes available elsewhere. I think I would be more inclined to wait and see.
D1A3
If AA is getting them in, then call dave over at GPR and see what he says. They share inventories now, right?

I bought my front targa seal from Pelican a year or so ago. Can't beleive there is so much demand and not enought supply...

-Jason
914-8
[quote name='Lou W' date='Oct 2 2006, 10:28 AM' post='785656']

[/quote]

The part is out there, cheaper too.
[/quote]

Where?
Lou W
E-bay had some new ones about 3 weeks ago, I lost the bid, but it was still cheaper than AA, the seller also had some old ones too, I've been watching to see when he comes back. I bought a new from someone in the classifieds on the "Bird" he said he would get me the drivers side next time that he was out running around, he didn't tell me his source. I'll try to find out. But they are out there.
thomasotten
They told me the targa seals would be around $100
Lou W
$100.00? That's got to be the ones on targa bar.
Mueller
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Oct 2 2006, 11:59 AM) *

a couple of the club members make those..I bought mine from Sammy for about $49....
thomasotten
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Oct 2 2006, 10:59 AM) *

No, I am talking about the windshiled frame targa seal. It is a reproduction that they are working on, and they said they were going to be around $90.
Lou W
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Oct 2 2006, 12:15 PM) *

No, I am talking about the windshiled frame targa seal. It is a reproduction that they are working on, and they said they were going to be around $90.

Wow, That would be great. smile.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 2 2006, 12:25 PM) *

QUOTE(thomasotten @ Oct 2 2006, 12:15 PM) *

Wow, That would be great. smile.gif

yea and I want what he is beer3.gif or smoke.gif smile.gif
thomasotten
I just called and verified, there are no OEM fromt targa seals available. Whoever you talked to is refering to the repro they have in the works. They just told me it will be $199

Thomas
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 2 2006, 10:04 AM) *

yep, have one of those sitting in the parts box.
Mueller
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Oct 2 2006, 12:36 PM) *

I just called and verified, there are no OEM fromt targa seals available. Whoever you talked to is refering to the repro they have in the works. They just told me it will be $199

Thomas

AA needs to get thier sales people on the same page if Britt just got a qoute of $260.....

Dr Evil
No one has mentioned quality yet. I had a cheapo AA repro seal before and it died in about 3 months dry.gif I cant wait to hear the feedback on these items.
bd1308
this guy was new, or very mis-informed.

He kept on asking people what seal i was inquiring about, I told him the three sectioned one that is on the windshield.

Mine is toast, and I mean hosed....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.