Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Infineon track video links?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
Anyone know of some good in car video of a 1800 to 2500 lb 150 hp - 200 hp car taking proper lines around Infineon? Extra bonus would be video with telemetry to show brake and acceleration points.

Getting psyched up for this Friday! boldblue.gif
Trekkor
You may have seen this...

Prolly not exactly what your looking for, but entertaining, none the less. smile.gif

From Pelican a/x and racing forum

Also, getting crazy for Friday drooley.gif

KT
grantsfo
Trek, Appears your the only person to ever video tape Sears. Great fun watching your videos again thanks!
DanT
Grant, try this link....all videos by a hotshoe Boxster driver. biggrin.gif

http://www.bombaydigital.com/boxster/tracks/
drgchapman
Grant, try this link....all videos by a hotshoe Boxster driver.

Excellent find!

I'm headed to Sears Point Oct. 29-30 for Porsches at the Point weekend. I'll be looking these videos over as well. Looks fast......thinking about a Hans device...
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 2 2006, 08:17 PM) *

Grant, try this link....all videos by a hotshoe Boxster driver. biggrin.gif

Not bad for cool down laps. Thanks these are perfect!
DanT
dry.gif biggrin.gif
Trekkor
It's amazing how much that track facilty has changed.

Where'd all the bridges go?

I know one is at TH before turn 14.

KT
DanT
That video was taken early in the year when they were doing all of their mods for the year.

The bridge at turn on (up the hill) is back now...just further up the hill. They wanted the bridge abuttments to out of the impact area of the exit of 1. so the bridge go moved further up the hill and the abuttments were moved way up the embankment.
biggrin.gif
grantsfo
I have been having fun running his Laguna Seca video with my first weekend at Laguna video side by side. The 2.5 Boxster and my car go around at almost the exact same pace. I can see where I can clean up my lines a bit too!

Thanks again for posting that link Dan!
Trekkor
I have been having fun running his Laguna Seca video with my first weekend at Laguna video side by side.

Cool idea...I tried it too. I was slower, of course, but we had the same lines and turn in points. I like that.

KT
grantsfo
Picked up a Long Acre lap timer today. So I can watch lap times.
Trekkor
Still on my list.

KT
DanT
QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 3 2006, 10:05 PM) *

Still on my list.

KT

Trekkor, once you get one of them, you won't be able to fib anymore biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I'll find a way naughty.gif

KT
grantsfo
Car is all ready to go and loaded on the trailer for Infineon Friday. Loaner transmission is in the car (other tranny is being rebuilt with close ratio gears). This will be my last track event for the year and then real work starts on my car. Super zoomie suspension and engine are in the works for 2007 season.
Trekkor
Details, Sir!!

Give us the details!!

KT
DanT
You guys have fun...I will be sitting in a CE course at UCSF for most of the day. I have to admit, you will be having a bit more fun than I sad.gif

Keep the shiney side up smile.gif
Trekkor
Pop in at the end of the day if you have time.

There is one OPEN session at 4:45 for 15 minutes. bring your helmet wink.gif

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 4 2006, 07:12 PM) *

Details, Sir!!

Give us the details!!

KT

Rebuilding top end of engine with higher compression and twin plug. Jumping up to a big Smart bar in front and a variety of higher rate springs for the rear. Extra set of wheels with slicks, phase II of weight removal (gutting doors, removing windows, etc), short ratio gear box. Goal will be to have a car that weighs around 1800 lbs with 225 HP. I just hope my race car funds hold up so I can complete this by next year.
nebreitling
you guys be safe and have fun out there!
Trekkor
I walked the track with a couple of the early arrivals tonight.

Also, got my car fully sorted and the megaphones are back on, too boldblue.gif

Looking foward to running those Hoosiers again.

KT
nebreitling
awesome. can't wait to see the video, trek.
Trekkor
The up hill to turn 2 is crazy steep and you don't realize how much you are traveling downhill through the esses.

We were sneaky. ph34r.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.