Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part # for brake pads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
mudfoot76
I did search the forums earlier today but wasn't able to find what I was looking for. My car has M calipers on the front, and currently have Hawk HPS pads (172.595 - pad thickness is .595") but they need to be replaced. There is a plethora of vendors to be found through google, but it appears that the pads I need are all on backorder and I am planning on going to a DE this weekend (yeah, i know, plan ahead better -- but I've been recovering from surgery and dealing with family funeral stuff for the past four weeks so no time for car stuff until now).

I have the Hawk catalog number. I like the HPS since I also drive the car on the street and don't want to hassle with changing pads. Porterfields have a great reputation on this board, so I talked to someone (Rich?)@ HPH to try and buy a set but he kept wanting to know what year the calipers were. I don't know, the PO did that and I'm not sure how to tell the difference. The person said call back when I do know. I know others who run EBC yellow, so I called a couple of vendors I saw from ebay to ask but I think my call got rerouted to Bangalore and nobody could tell me if they had what I am needing. Pelican appears to have OEM-type replacements, but I want something with upgraded performance.

So hopefully someone here can chime in with answers - I have 911M calipers. How can I tell what year they are? Does anyone have part #'s for brake pads for either Porterfield R4S or EBC Yellow that fit the M caliper? Or perhaps does anyone know of a vendor who does have the Hawk HPS 172.595 in stock?

Thanks!!! beer.gif
Aaron Cox
no PN for you..

but i HIGHLY reccomend the porterfield R4S pads... great street/AX pad

911 m calipers went away in 73 i believe....
drew365
He wanted the part # because the only way these guys can get anything out of their computer is input a year and model. The "M" caliper was on '69-77 911. Performance Products (800) 423-3173 carries the Hawk, part #911835. Don't know if that's the type pad you want, I use Pagid which is not a great street pad.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(drew365 @ Oct 2 2006, 08:34 PM) *

He wanted the part # because the only way these guys can get anything out of their computer is input a year and model.

Thanks for the replies, I'll give Performance Products a call tomorrow.

One would think that this shouldn't be so difficult. The Hawk catalog breaks down all the porsche pad types, and also has diagrams that specify thickness and dimension of the backplates. I would have thought that I could just say M caliper, .595" pad thickness and it shouldn't be so tough confused24.gif But so far instead only the Hawk people have understood what I was looking for, and unless I missed something fundamental I can't imagine how else I should be asking....
DanT
Try www.livermoreperformance.com

They carry Pagid, Hawk, Porterfield and others....

Part # for Porterfield pads is AP31 for M front calipers.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 2 2006, 10:20 PM) *

I spoke with Monty earlier today and he got me hooked up with the Porterfields as he, along with everyone else, is out of stock on the Hawks. I look forward to trying them out this weekend (along with debuting my new club badge).

Thanks for all the help!
DanT
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Oct 3 2006, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 2 2006, 10:20 PM) *

I spoke with Monty earlier today and he got me hooked up with the Porterfields as he, along with everyone else, is out of stock on the Hawks. I look forward to trying them out this weekend (along with debuting my new club badge).

Thanks for all the help!

Glad you got them...have fun this weekend.
sww914
It's hard to sell parts you don't have.
Maybe the hawk guys should make some more so people can buy them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.