Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn signal lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
what goes into the bottom half of the turn signal housing on the amber/clear lens?
i came up with a devious plan to install 35w H3 bulbs for passing lamps. just have to figure out how to wire them to flash on demand
Trevorg7
Try These from CAMP914

I've put them in and they work well.

T
PORobinSCHE
here's what i made, simple and functional aktion035.gif
Allan
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 2 2006, 05:21 PM) *

here's what i made, simple and functional aktion035.gif

Nice.

Where did you run the power from and how did you get a wrench on those tech screws?
PORobinSCHE
Allan, the tech screws are easy. the plate has a very slight press-fit into the housing. plus i am going to use a small amount of silicon to keep it in place.
as for the wiring, i am still working on that plan. i am not sure i want daytime driving lights, flash-to-pass lights or regular ol' lights.
there is a small hole just below the turn/running light for the wires to pass through. any thoughts on how to wire flash/pass lights?

best to you

Robin beer3.gif
Tobra
Martin Baker had a little assembly he fabbed up, but I don't know if he ever made any number of them. I'll ask him Sunday
Martin Baker
35 W WILL melt the lense, ask me how I know....this is a 6 watt bulb folks, and here is a set of my signals finished.
Martin Baker
Lit up...
Tobra
or not
914-8
Martin, do you have any pics of the details of your wiring? I assume the white light stays on, and the upper orange is a directional signal?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 2 2006, 08:49 PM) *

Martin Baker had a little assembly he fabbed up, but I don't know if he ever made any number of them. I'll ask him Sunday

He made mine! They are so cool... They look like new when he gets done. Not just wired Euro, just like new.
type47fan
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 2 2006, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 2 2006, 08:49 PM) *

He made mine! They are so cool... They look like new when he gets done. Not just wired Euro, just like new.

agree.gif Mine, too. Outstanding craftsmanship! Beautiful work!
PORobinSCHE
i don't want these lights for constant on....rather flash-to-pass only. so they should only be on momentarily(thus heat shouldn't be an issue) clap56.gif . i need to figure out how to wire to the turn stalk to accomplish this feat!
StratPlayer
I bought a set of Martins lights about 2 yrs ago. They are the best out there, I wasn't sure if he was still making these, glad to see he is. Well done Martin smilie_pokal.gif
edwardb33
I too am a very satisfied customer.

Thanks again Martin

ed
Mueller
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 2 2006, 01:57 PM) *

what goes into the bottom half of the turn signal housing on the amber/clear lens?
i came up with a devious plan to install 35w H3 bulbs for passing lamps. just have to figure out how to wire them to flash on demand

simple, pay $25 for the fog light flashing kit and run 'em at the same time....

J West Engineering Fog Light Flash Kit

Martin Baker
WOW, Thanks for all the positive feedback, that means allot to me. The small 6 watt bulb is the park light, and the other is the signal/hazard.

Martin
JohnM
I like my Martin Baker euro front turn sigs, too. John
Matt Romanowski
Martin's lights look really nice and *correct*. Anyone have a picture of how the camp914 lights are done?
STL914
Martin,

I tried to find a link to your old web site, no luck. Are you still taking orders for the Euro lights? You can PM me the details if you wish, or just post the info here for other members to share.

Thanks.

Matt Romanowski
Martin - Post it here. I'm interested too.
914-8
Me too.
Martin Baker
Hey again everyone. I didn't ever have a website I am sorry to say. Also, again thanks for the POSITIVE FEEDBACK about my lights. They have gone round the world. and that is the truth, the last set went to Belgium. I was charging 125.00 if I had no core, 75 if you sent me a usable set. Problem I was encountering is I was getting quite a few sets that were 100% junk, bad connetors, corroded housings, etc. SO I stopped making them. However, if you have a good core set, I'll do'em.

Just PM me here, and we can work out something on a set. The bulbs are commoly available #89 6 watt bulbs.

Martin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.