Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for fuel pressure gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MiddleGACruiser
I need a source for a fuel pressure gauge but can't seem to find one that can be placed on the 914/4 1.7. It doesn't need to stay on the engine but wouldn't hurt if it did. Anyone know where I can find one at a reasonable price, say maybe less than ~$50.00US?

Jeff
'73 914/4 1.7
type47
go to local hardware store and get a pressure gauge for "any" liquid and the appropriate fittings to put a piece of fuel line hose onto the fittings. cost about $12 as i got a gauge at home depot ~$8 and fittings and hose. i found a 0-100 psi gauge but read 30 psi OK on the gauge.
jk76.914
Here's the one I use. I got it from the same guy back in June. It's only $5.99 plus $5.99 shipping. VERY high quality. Old school- about 45 years old, but NOS. All brass, glass lens. 60 psi range gives us very good resolution at the pressures we're interested in. I added a few fittings and a length of 7mm fuel hose, and that was it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-ASHCROFT-0-60-PSI-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
9xauto sells a nice little setup for the engine compartment

http://www.9xauto.com/914.html
Racing916
summitracing.com has a nice selection
MiddleGACruiser
I ordered one from the Ebay link above. Thanks for all the replies.

Jeff
BMXerror
JK76, are you running 32 pounds of fuel pressure over there?
Mark D.
jk76.914
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Oct 14 2006, 10:33 PM) *

JK76, are you running 32 pounds of fuel pressure over there?
Mark D.

Well, I was running 35. PO set it, apparently without a gauge. I ran it for 20 summers and never checked it. Plugs fouled every 600 or so miles. He also unplugged TS1, and he added a ballast resistor to PS2.

I finally pulled the engine and rebuilt. Great shape internally, at 98,000 miles. Got the pressure gauge off eBay, looked at it and almost shat! 35 PSI! This photo was taken about 10 minutes after I shut if off. It was gradually settling down.

It's now set for 29 PSI. TS1 engaged. No ballast resistor. Everything's cool.

Jim

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.