Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Headache
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael J
I took the teener out to dinner last night (actually the wife and I went to dinner in the teener) and on the way home (after dark) I clicked on the highbeams while rolling down the road and holy crap - no light. Back to low beam and all is well. Today I looked a bit closer and when clicking back and forth between hi and lo beam the lows always work and the hi's work intermitantly. Fuse OK. Bulbs OK cause they do work sometimes.

Any ideas?

It is realllllly dark when you expect headlights and don't have any. mad.gif
john rogers
If I remember correctly, the light current goes through the dimmer switch and since you checked the fuses and they were okay I would suggest the switch in the steering column might be getting dirty after all these years and failing.
robby750
Same thing happened to me. There is a headlamp relay mounted to the fuse panel. Mine failed and a new one cured the problem.
Michael J
The relay is a good thought. One of the times the high beams did come on they stayed on about 30 seconds and then went out. Sounds like a relay. Hope so. that's easy enough to fix.
Michael J
Well I wish all problems were so simple. I had a wire connector come loose from the headlight relay and was just sitting there and making contact some time and not others. All better now. A lot easier to dodge those deer.
robby750
Glad is was a simple fix. Sometimes you just get lucky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.