Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question: Motor Weight?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nor.Cal.914
I need to ship my 2.0L four cylinder to Ohio. Does anyone happen to know the weight of a fully drained 2.0L motor? If anyone has shipped one before, can you tell me the weight of it in the crate? Any help would be great! Thanks
-Chris
bd1308
301# with pallet.

Crazyhippy
I rate it as 2 hernias....

If 2 people are lifting it, they both end up w/ hernias

BJH biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I had one shipped via UPS , Cal To Ohio. On a pallet strapped down very good.
UPS has a large item division, you need a dock or fork lift at each end.
If not they will ship on a truck with a lift tail gate. (that,s extra tho) that was the best I could find. Good luck Dave slap.gif
Twystd1
Yellow freight was the cheapest for me.

Clayton
bd1308
I tore a block down to three pieces, and I'm sending off the individual pieces. The case is in a regular box reinforced with plywood pieces and heavy cardboard for several layers.
Nor.Cal.914
BarberDave and Clayton, what did it cost each of you? Britt, thanks for telling me the weight of the motor. I appreciate it. Thanks
-Chris
bd1308
the weight I got was written on the slip i got from SLITS when he sent me a old 1.7

without oil
BarberDave

smilie_pokal.gif
$200.00 I think? Dave slap.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
bd1308
It costs me 4,021.50 russian rubles.
Nor.Cal.914
Hmm, $200. Not bad. I'll have to keep looking around and see how cheap I can find a shipping company. Thanks for the help so far.
-Chris
Mueller
QUOTE(Nor.Cal.914 @ Oct 4 2006, 05:10 PM) *

Hmm, $200. Not bad. I'll have to keep looking around and see how cheap I can find a shipping company. Thanks for the help so far.
-Chris

Why are you doing all the leg work?

I don't think you are going to find anything that much cheaper.....
McMark
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 3 2006, 05:07 AM) *

and I'm sending off the individual pieces

You are, huh? poke.gif
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 4 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Why are you doing all the leg work?

I don't think you are going to find anything that much cheaper.....

I don't know. I just feel like being the most helpful seller I can. $200 sounds like an amazing deal, so I'll set the line at that being the cheapest. Thanks
-Chris
bd1308
stick.gif i'm on it man. The real kick in the pants is that these pistons and cylinders still have the crosshatching on them, they look new.

the heads were garbage.

I'm getting shipping info for the block within the next couple of days.

I didnt forget about you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.