Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need an engine dyno in So Cal....BAD TUB and WED FWENZY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Nobody does Hot Rods up here no more.....so I needs a dyno where I can strap down two rides and do the final tweaking.....

One is a Type I 2180 turbo/fi set up with megasquirt....the other is a 3.2/6 with my own custom chip...any help?
Twystd1
I will make phone calls tomorrow.

What dates do you need?

Clayton
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:09 PM) *

I will make phone calls tomorrow.

What dates do you need?

Clayton

Sheeeyit.....I'll take any date ah ken get.....
piratenanner.gif

Preferably....Sun-Wednesday.....I ref football on the weekends....while work can be ditched.... flipa.gif
Twystd1
Lemme see what I can do....

I will make the intro's. You set it up...

K?

Cayton
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Oct 2 2006, 09:50 PM) *

Lemme see what I can do....

I will make the intro's. You set it up...

K?

Cayton

Sure....btw, there's an "L" in Clayton..... KMA.gif
Twystd1
I was writing in Portuguese ya lamer.....

Crayton (Arabic spelling)
Aaron Cox
i got two skateboards... we could use for a dyno....

hook up an alternator to one of the wheels and run the lines to claytons balls....

more screaming equal more HP right!?!?!?!
Mueller
tell us more about those wheel rollers you used when trying to tune the FI type.gif

I know you said they sucked for a turbo, but what about an n/a motor??

oh yea...

I'm guessing:

250 HP from the Type I
195 HP from the 3.2

Twystd1
Mike, if you are asking me about chassis dyno's and turbo motors.

Heres what i can tell you. They work for tuning pretty dam well. That includes 4 wheel drive.

In SoKal there are so many factory turbo rice cars and Old School High Horsepower classic cars, We have Dyno shops all over the place. Some good. Some not so good. (Think MAX HP only counts)

Very few of the dyno operators I know give a dam about peak HP. Thats just bragging rights and lets the customer feel they got their money's worth.

These guys are into a balanced interaction between A/F, Ignition, Torque and HP, etc.
It's all about the balance.

In my neck of the woods. Off the top of my head. I can think of 8 chassis dyno shops that are close.

And about 6 engine dyno shops that are within a 45 minute drive on a good day.

Hell there are three within 5 minutes of where I am sitting right now.Thats just the stuff I know about. There's probably many more.

I kinda figure it really doesn't matter what I say anyway. It's all conjecture and perceptions based on my experience.

Some like Blue. Some like Red. Pick your own perceptions and run with it.

Oh... Before I forget.

I still wanna be like you KMA.gif

Clayton
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.