Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best method for breaking in new motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
ok I know the usual baby it the first thousand or so miles...but I have heard the haul ass slow down methods as well...what is the best method to seat the rings properly on my new motor and to safely break it in...????

2005 Sentra Spec V with a 2.5 altima motor......

Any suggestions...
JB 914
Just don't let SKLINE drive it. burnout.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Oct 2 2006, 10:23 PM) *

ok I know the usual baby it the first thousand or so miles...but I have heard the haul ass slow down methods as well...what is the best method to seat the rings properly on my new motor and to safely break it in...????

2005 Sentra Spec V with a 2.5 altima motor......

Any suggestions...

I'd advise you listen to the dealer...if you F this motor up from listening to some bozo on the 'net, what are the chances of getting a replacement again?? biggrin.gif
Twystd1
Conversely.

I suggest you drive it appropriatly to guarantee the engine's and transmissions demise within two weeks of the end of your engine/tranny warranty..

Get them both replaced under warranty. Then sell the slug to Scott. As he will be tired of the S-10 by then.

And why will Scott buy the now beat to death slug from you?

Cause he kinda likes you mom.... wub.gif shocked[1].gif

Clayton

See ya at Joe's BBQ.. And drag Scotty with ya.... drunk.gif
alpha434
Altima, huh?

Add sand to the oil tank and RUN it! YEAH!

Who knows? It depends on how worried you are about it. You could always take a full tank of gas and set the idle to 2500 and let it idle until it (nearly-not all the way) runs out of fuel. Or just drive it very sensibly for the first 10 years of owning it and don't "race" it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.