Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I got something different to say
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
SO Saturday while driving around No Problem Raceway having one heck of a good time lapping and test and tune.
I noticed each time I came off the track the engine would run kinda wierd. like it was flooding and running lean.

I pulled the jets all were clean and I noticed gas puddled up on the bottom of the filter housings.

So can pulling 1.2 Lateral G's be enough to splash gas out of the carbs?
or am I getting a sticking float while running wide open for nearly the whole course.

Haven't really ever noticed it during autocross where I can pull 1.4 G's but in a much shorter duration.
Twystd1
Heat soak bubbling fuel out the top of the carb?

Short track = little heat soak

Long track = lotsa heat soak

just a thought.

C
Mark Henry
How high have you got your floats set?
May be splashing out.

I've seen the seat get "sometimes" stuck
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Oct 3 2006, 02:10 PM) *

Heat soak bubbling fuel out the top of the carb?

Short track = little heat soak

Long track = lotsa heat soak

just a thought.

C

percolation - like coffee....
got heat isolating head to manifold, or carb to maifold gaskets?

could also be fuel splashing out the vent
Twystd1
Jake apparently has some new trick insulators for the intake manifold/carb setup.

i think I saw them on his store.

He says they are the cats meow. I dunno. never tested them.

Lower intake temps and more HP for cheap.

Conatct him and see what he says.

This assumes a 4 not a 6. idea.gif

C
Joe Ricard
I'm more of the splashing than perculation. The carbs are not to hot to touch. I am using the phenolic spacers from the FI system.

About the only thing that Len's Phenolic spacers do is change the shape and straighten out the port. Makes more power? or enables more power to be made.

Hard to simulate a sometimes sticking float or needle seat. Only happens at max fuel flow. and a pretty bumpy course.

Not a real big deal just something I noticed and wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
Floats are at 10mm and work wonderful 99.9% of the time.

Going to put my 44 IDF's on my new engine anyway so this set of 40's will probably go with the motor when I sell it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.