Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jezzi
I need help!
I am completeing my 914-6 conversion with a 1975 911 2.7L engine. To my wonderment, I found out last weekend that my headers don't mate up with the muffler. I purchased a set of GHL headers size 1-5/8" with heat exchangers. The muffler is a DANSK -Dual center pipe sport muffler (RSR Style) for 911, years 1965-1976. The center to center spacing measurement for the muffler is 23".
I loosely bolted one side together(muffler to header) and found that the other side (flange mating surface) was off by approx. one (1) inch. I loosened the nuts that attached the headers to the engine and this allowed me to join the muffler and exhaust flanges. However, the header will not mate squareley with the engine. I fear that if I force the exhaust headers onto the cylinder head by screwing the nuts down onto the studs bad things will happen, like stripping the studs and/or nuts.
Has anyone else out there run into this problem? and if so... how was it corrected?
Thanks
Jim
flesburg
You bought the wrong muffler. You need one with 1974 spacing to fit any 914-6 systems (headers) I have seen.
turboman808
I have a 914-6 muffler sitting around the house if you need to buy one smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.