Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake fittings what size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
need to install a line lock for a parking brake,

What size fittings are on our brake lines?
jd74914
don't install a line lock for a parking brake

they don't hold the pressure well enough. after a while your car will role away.

the brake lines are 5/16IIRC tho
Aaron Cox
agree.gif they bleed off pressure and bye bye car.....

why not do the johnman 911 ebrake or get a willwood spot caliper setup from marty or renegade
jd74914
agree.gif I'd go for a cable operated wilwood stop caliper.
John
Go to your FLAPS and take a piece of brake line with you. The stock lines are a euorpean bubble flare and the fittings are metric threaded.

You need to take a sample with you to be sure that it matches up. Your FLAPS will have generic straight lines that you will need to bend to fit.

We have already discussed a line lock, but if that is what you are going to do, that is what you are going to do. They will work for a while. I prefer the 911 e-brake solution, but that is my own biased opinion.

Make sure you park in gear.

jus tmy $0.02
Aaron Cox
hijack - whats your relation to each other? brothers? father-son?
John
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 4 2006, 07:43 AM) *

hijack - whats your relation to each other? brothers? father-son?

He's my older bro.
flesburg
dflesburg,
Or you could just get some wheel chocks.

Harbor Freight probably has them, or you could carry a couple of bricks with you.

You should also put the car in 1st gear.

Or you could get a chain and padlock and always park next to a big sturdy post and chain the car to the post.
John
Aaron,

Before you hijack again, that would be my Dad.
dflesburg
what is FLAPS?
dflesburg
As I stated many times,

The only purpose is to pass the inevitable "CHIP's" side of the road safety inspection... Grrr.
John
A FLAPS is a:

Friendly
Local
Auto
Parts
Store

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.