Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Windshield rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
ebay rubbers
What kind of a car do these come off??
Does someone on this site sell them, better/cheaper?
Mueller
do a search here...

Brian (736conversion) or something like that is the seller....
SLITS
It is not off any vehicle. It is a molding made to surround the windshield as the bright trim does.

Yes, I bought a roll of it. It comes in various widths and 5/8" works for the 914 very well. You should paint a 3/4" wide black border around the windshield to hide the butyl tape and various trim pieces from outside view.

It is not the easiest install of something I ever did. There is a channel that fits over the edge of the windshield. Inside the channel is butyl rubber to make it stick to the windshield and it can get all over if you are not careful and take time with the install (as in "work slow")

You still have to glue the windshield in ... as stated, this is just a decorative trim.

I really like the way it looks. I painted one windshield with the border, but didn't install it as I wasn't sure if the paint would come off with the butyl tape used to install the windshield. I remember that a "special" paint is used to do the borders and I didn't bother looking for it.

736conver
Doug,

Your name looks familiar have you contacted me before. I sent you a PM.

As slits mentioned there is a special paint. If you do a search for my name and the word windshield you can see my write up I did.

And the off ebay price is $25 plus shipping
Tobra
I think there is someone giving some of the AL trim away free in the for sale section
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.