and my 6. 1970 with 2.7RS motor and lot of other go fast goodies
here it is in sheeps clothing biggrin.gif

Yes those are 7x16 Fuchs on the rear under stock fenders burnout.gif
DanT
and in a bit more racy form smile.gif along with some stable mates
At Thunderhill many years ago....probably '97 or '98
DanT
with me again at TH
There is a nice 19 row oil cooler behind tha grill in the RSR air dam.
All SS braided lines and SS fittings with a Carrera thermostat in the rear near the engine.
DanT
and my latest mixing it up in the instructor group at BW Easter '06
As you can see from these pics I have been using the same mechanic for many years now. Actually started before my first 914 when I got my first P car in 1990, my '84 Carrera started it all. It hasn't helped that I have been living next door to a Porsche guy for the last 22 years....my wife blames him for my addiction... biggrin.gif
It actually started years before that when I used to detail and dealer trade cars for Anderson/Behel Porsche here in San Jose back in 1971.
DanT
a better look at GGR #5
SGB
ThanksDan! good pics, good cars...
Joe Owensby
Thanks for sharing the photos. Very nice. What is the color of the 81 car. It is really sharp.

Joe O.
DanT
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Oct 3 2006, 08:51 PM) *

Thanks for sharing the photos. Very nice. What is the color of the 81 car. It is really sharp.

Joe O.

If you are referring to the firt #81Ai, that is Tangerine...old pics and the scanning does not do the color justice. It was much more orange than is shown.
#81Bi was Delphi Green Metallic...again color was much more green and a bit darker than shown.

#81KM was Carrera White

#5 is Phoenix Red
Midtowner
Uh Dan, I think you have a slight addiction. driving.gif
Lou W
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. beerchug.gif
Demick
The Delphi Green car isn't the same as John Seidel's old car is it?
DanT
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Oct 3 2006, 09:06 PM) *

Uh Dan, I think you have a slight addiction. driving.gif

Ya think? blink.gif confused24.gif

They go along with the two Carreras ('84 and '87), a 1987 951 with chip and shimmed waste gate...~ 290+ HP, and a '99 Boxster (my daily driver)
here is a pic of my first restoration, back in ~'85 or '86

1967 that was owned by my father in law. This is the car my wife learned to drive a stick in.
When I got it it had been sitting for many years. It still ran but the paint was shot and the interior was toast.

Took me about 6 months to do a total redo. I did everything except the paint. The easy part was all the chrome and trim was there. I just disassembled the whole thing had it painted and then put it all back together with new rubber, new interior, headliner, new wheels and tires. Motor was stock other than exhaust. Motor had lots of chrome goodies. Fan housing, pullies, etc. Motor tin and dual intake air cleaner were painted to match car. It was a great little car. Drove it daily for years.
As you can see from these pics....I don't do junk smile.gif
DanT
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 3 2006, 09:22 PM) *

The Delphi Green car isn't the same as John Seidel's old car is it?

No he had his car completed a little after I got that car. He still has his but doesn't use it since he has that Purple thing biggrin.gif

John and I used to attend the same Axs with our twins. He was just starting out then, and I had been at it for about 4-5 years by then.
scrz914
Dan, nice flashback. It would be interesting to see other members do a timeline of their "aircool" history. Mine started with a '60 deluxe VW type 1 and has evolved to 914s and my current 911.
Fun cars!
DanT
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Oct 3 2006, 10:19 PM) *

Dan, nice flashback. It would be interesting to see other members do a timeline of their "aircool" history. Mine started with a '60 deluxe VW type 1 and has evolved to 914s and my current 911.
Fun cars!

I had another '67 Bug back in 1970 ( my first car) in 1971 I bought a brand new '71 super beetle in sky blue with black interior and sunroof. Those two cars were the beginning. My dad had a '61 beetle, a '65 sunroof beetle, and a '68 sunroof beetle.
The '68 was the first car delivered at then brand new (still being built) "Gus Mozart" Porsche VW in Palo Alto which is now Carlsens. Pictures were taken that day with my dad, Gus, the Mayor of Palo Alto, Reynold C Johnson (vw and Porsche distributor for norcal back then) and my dads new car. It was at the ground breaking ceremony for the new dealership which is now Carlsens Audi dealership..
Trekkor
Very good!!

I liked seeing those.
Don't you miss the RS?

KT
DanT
QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 3 2006, 10:29 PM) *

Very good!!

I liked seeing those.
Don't you miss the RS?

KT

yes I do....don't make me cry. sad.gif headbang.gif
Toast
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Those are some really narrow tires on the original red 70! ohmy.gif I like the spidey rims though.
MoveQik
Dan,

Do you have a good shot of your current car's front bumper?

Great pics, BTW!
DanT
here is a pic. what exact detail are you looking for? I am sure I can come up with what you are seeking smile.gif
JPB
You have such a sweet 914 history and well worth sharing as you have done. smilie_pokal.gif

beer.gif I'm soooo late in the game with my first in ahhhhhhh.......2005LOL.
DanT
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 4 2006, 10:43 AM) *

Dan,

Do you have a good shot of your current car's front bumper?

Great pics, BTW!

check my blog for a close up of the front bumper and fog light cover plate in aluminum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.