Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windhield rubber? How elusive is this part? nos?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
randyt914
thanks for the help. Is pulling one out of a junker possible or can they even be found?
john rogers
I am not sure what you mean by "windshield rubber"? On 914s the windshield is held in with tape and has soft aluminum trim over the outside held on with plastic clips. On my race car as do many others I use a rubber seal instead of the aluminum trim but the windshield is still glued in.
randyt914
QUOTE(john rogers @ Oct 4 2006, 05:07 PM) *

I am not sure what you mean by "windshield rubber"? On 914s the windshield is held in with tape and has soft aluminum trim over the outside held on with plastic clips. On my race car as do many others I use a rubber seal instead of the aluminum trim but the windshield is still glued in.

yes that is what i wanted is a little help in the aftermarket rubber dept. i have never done a winshield so is this "rubber" common? Thanks alot.
GWN7
take a look at this thread........

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...p;hl=windshield

It will leed you to other threads about the same subject.........
Mueller
There is no "set" part to use or vehicle from which to referance, people have tired different parts thru the years....I know some people have has success with Honda CRX(?) windshield rubber....

Twystd1
PM Slits,

I think he might what you are looking for.

C
JPB
The chrome trim is held by plastic clips. When you remove your trim, the winshield is free and will be loose on the frame. Behind the windshield on the window frame is a rubber ribon which is continous around the perimiter if the windshield. The seal is usually dry and won't be much good once you rmove the windshield. Some have substituted it with butile tape and reinstalled everything with the chrome trim and others glued the windshield in with an after market rubber trim around the windshield. Whatever you use behind the windshield, it needs to be water tight and solid. Butile tape is illegal if used alone to hold the windshield in place. You are better to use glue as on Ford vehicles for this water tight seal. Ther original seal is osbsolete and pricy if you find one.

beer.gif
Bartlett 914
You might try Brian (736conver). Either he has this or knows where to get it.
john rogers
Ahhh as I thought. When I had the windshield guys put in a new one this past winter they had some rubber seal that fit perfectly. I have no idea what car it was specific to but the guy had several sizes when he came by. Try a good company local to you and they should know how to fix you up.
randyt914
thanks for all the insight and links.. im at 6500 feet and it snows alot here. im gonna try a fun teener with studs on the rubber all the way around. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.