Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Sticking Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nor.Cal.914
Ok I have a problem that seems to keep happening off and on. While I am in first gear, and sometimes second, my throttle sticks on me and pulls the pedal to the floor until I throw the clutch in. It doesn't usually happen unless I put the pedal down quickly or more than halfway, but it's also not a consistent thing happening. I just had to replace my throttle cable due to a completely broken cable which I think might have been caused from this whole sticking situation. I felt around inside the tunnel where the cable connects to the pedal assembly, but didn't really feel anything out of place. If anyone has any help for me, just let me know! Thanks guys
-Chris

P.S. - I've just experienced another problem as well. When I started my car this morning everything sounded fine. But once I started to drive down the hill I felt that something was wrong. My car basically feels like it's being completely restricted and not accelerating but at 1/2 it's previous rate. I can push the revs like I've normally been able to, but once it hits 4 grand I just don't like the way it sounds. The problem is definitely not valve-train related I know that much. But my only guess is spark plugs causing a dead cylinder or something like that. Any help on this would also be great. Thanks everyone
-Chris
Rider914
My throttle would do the same.

In a SBC powered car!! blink.gif

Check your shorts then your clutch / throttle cable routing in the tunnel.
Nor.Cal.914
Glad I'm not the only one having the same problem. I'll check that out in a little bit when I go out and check my plugs. Thanks
-Chris
Rider914
yup, my clutch / throttle made one too many twists in the tunnel.
Twystd1
All of the above...!!!!!!!!!

And one more.

I remember a funny pedal problem on Cbenita's car.

There was no ground strap from the tranny to the frame.

So his clutch cable and accel pedal CABLES acted as the ground. No wonder the pedal was stuck. It was arc welding itself on every clutch and throttle movement.

Coulda cooked hot dogs on those cables... sad.gif

LaterZzzzz

Twystd1
Mueller
QUOTE(Nor.Cal.914 @ Oct 4 2006, 05:17 PM) *

Ok I have a problem that seems to keep happening off and on. While I am in first gear, and sometimes second, my throttle sticks on me and pulls the pedal to the floor until I throw the clutch in. It doesn't usually happen unless I put the pedal down quickly or more than halfway, but it's also not a consistent thing happening. I just had to replace my throttle cable due to a completely broken cable which I think might have been caused from this whole sticking situation. I felt around inside the tunnel where the cable connects to the pedal assembly, but didn't really feel anything out of place.

Get a small mirror and flashlight and LOOK inside the tunnel......many times it gets twisted up in there.....

If anyone has any help for me, just let me know! Thanks guys
-Chris

P.S. - I've just experienced another problem as well. When I started my car this morning everything sounded fine. But once I started to drive down the hill I felt that something was wrong. My car basically feels like it's being completely restricted and not accelerating but at 1/2 it's previous rate. I can push the revs like I've normally been able to, but once it hits 4 grand I just don't like the way it sounds. The problem is definitely not valve-train related I know that much. But my only guess is spark plugs causing a dead cylinder or something like that. Any help on this would also be great. Thanks everyone
-Chris

Is the motor you have sold?? If you have a dead cylinder it would be easy to find by pulling a spark plug wire, if you pull a wire and it runs the worse, then that cylinder if firing...

Nor.Cal.914
No the motor that has this problem is the one that's in my car. I sold my other motor. I'll take a look inside the tunnel and see what I find. And I'm going out now to check out the plugs/plug wires. I'll let everyone know if I find anything. Thanks
-Chris
Trekkor
Check to see if the throttle pedal stop on the pedal board is properly adjusted.

It should be set so "full throttle" ( WOT ) can be acheived and NO MORE.

You may be stretching and breaking/binding cables if you have too much travel.

KT
Nor.Cal.914
Hmm, I don't think that's it, but I'll have to check that to see. I got the other problem fixed with the motor though so that issue has been dealt with. Was just a dead plug wire on cylinder 4, no big deal burnout.gif Now I get to go out tomorrow and test out my new tires happy11.gif Thanks for the help
-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.