Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What The Heck Is It?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
PO installed this gem in my dash. Not exactly sure what it did but doesn't work now. The thing says "ZT Driving Computer". Found some wires that were hacked into the FI harness too so I figured it was monitoring something.

Anyway, you can see he "relocated" the fresh air vent controls and hacked up the dash. I'd like to restore it to original condition. Anybody know where I can find a dash subframe to replace mine?

I'm afraid to see what other gems are hidden in the dash... dry.gif

Kev
McMark
You're license plate isn't 007 is it? ph34r.gif
alpha434
Sweet.....

What does it do? Machine guns located in the headlights?
grasshopper
I will bet that someone on your coast has a dashframe. I am stuck with six dash frames, and no one wants them, or wants to bother shipping them....I hate to throw them away, because I know someone will need them one day. Where did they put the fresh air controlls? That thing looks like a calculator... screwy.gif
HeloMech
What about these 3 switch / button looking things?
siverson
Some good info:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=...ing+computer%22

-Steve
Eric_Shea

Easy...

Ejector seat
Oil Slick
Glider Wings
Eric_Shea
Oops... oil slick comes standard. Forgot. headbang.gif
TravisNeff
Cool, that is the right size microwaves for those frozen burritos.
jd66921
I had a couple of those driving computers in my RX-7's. They were fun, and
pretty accurate. I'm not sure how to calibrate one with the high pressure fuel
pump in a 914 though.

I always thought about adding one to my 914. Do they still exist?? I'd done a
search and hadn''t found much.

Jeff
So.Cal.914
The dash frames I have worked with(72, 74) have sheet metal over the front.

Remove old sheet metal and replace it with new. Use old pieces for templates

for the outside dimentions and we can get you the measurements for the controls

and such. But I kinda like the ATM look, does it spit money out of the ashtray?
kconway
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Oct 4 2006, 06:53 PM) *

Those beauties are the air/heat controls!!!

headbang.gif
Midtowner
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 4 2006, 07:12 PM) *

av-943.gif
jd74914
I'm going to get flames for this, but I think it looks kinda cool.

I'd try and find an lcd screen that size and wire something into it, but i'm weird like that. laugh.gif
kconway
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 4 2006, 08:08 PM) *

I'm going to get flames for this, but I think it looks kinda cool.

I'd try and find an lcd screen that size and wire something into it, but i'm weird like that. laugh.gif

barf.gif
thesey914
Looks like quite a tidy install...I think it looks kind of retro-cool. Do the heat/fan controls work by pulling/pushing?
kconway
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Oct 4 2006, 08:34 PM) *

Looks like quite a tidy install...I think it looks kind of retro-cool. Do the heat/fan controls work by pulling/pushing?

Pulling them. The knob to the left of the three vertical buttons activates the blower motor. I have no idea what the knob to the right of the same three does. Doesn't pull out but it has the headlight icon in the middle of that knob.
Lou W
Early model Garage Door Opener, very rare limited factory option that was availble only in 1971.

I would mark it up 200%, then pull it off the market until September 2008.
majkos
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 4 2006, 07:12 PM) *

I declare this one a classic! clap56.gif
Chris Pincetich
ZT driving computer?! Does it have internet access? If it will drive the car and let you browse 914world.com I would keep it. It looks pretty 1970s high tech! Thanks for sharing. beerchug.gif
drewvw

That reminds me of my friends family ford taurus growing up.

They were very introverted science geek types without any hint of wackiness, except for the switch on the dash that said "front machine guns".

always loved that...
JPB
Does it make mixed drinks for them long hauls?

beer.gif Computer. earl grey hot.
914-8
It's a tip calculator.
highways
Maybe it's an early form of ebay technology, so you can keep driving while parts fall off the car, and just keep on bidding!!
Mark Henry
My high school buddy's dad had one, it did MPG, trip meter, inside/outside temps and a bunch of other things....and yes it is from the late 70's, maybe early 80's.
kconway
QUOTE(highways @ Oct 5 2006, 04:01 PM) *

Maybe it's an early form of ebay technology, so you can keep driving while parts fall off the car, and just keep on bidding!!

WTF.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(kconway @ Oct 4 2006, 06:23 PM) *

PO installed this gem in my dash. Not exactly sure what it did but doesn't work now. The thing says "ZT Driving Computer". Found some wires that were hacked into the FI harness too so I figured it was monitoring something.

Anyway, you can see he "relocated" the fresh air vent controls and hacked up the dash. I'd like to restore it to original condition. Anybody know where I can find a dash subframe to replace mine?

I'm afraid to see what other gems are hidden in the dash... dry.gif

Kev

I have a dash frame you can have, if you want to come and get it. I'm in Santa Clarita near Magic Mountian. Let me know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.