Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Fuel Pump Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I've had 3 teeners, all old ones, and I've never seen a front mount location or picture.
Can anyone post some good pix so on this resto I can move it to the front and make it look original??
Does anyone have a front fuel pump door/cover cheap??
Tx
Doug
cantley914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 4 2006, 06:41 PM) *

I've had 3 teeners, all old ones, and I've never seen a front mount location or picture.
Can anyone post some good pix so on this resto I can move it to the front and make it look original??
Does anyone have a front fuel pump door/cover cheap??
Tx
Doug

Doug,
As far as I know, relocation of the fuel pump to the front of the car is to solve the vapor lock problem.

Steph
tracks914
Steph:
I know that and it's easier to work on the fuel pump up front too. You might remember the PO before you hacked some pretty ugly holes in the firewalls and I thought instead of welding them both up, I might just trim the outside one and put a fuel pump door on in it!!! I just want to see what it looks like first.
Thanks
Mueller
i'm pretty sure the Haynes manual shows the location of the pump on the '75/'76 cars.

You'll need the cover/mount from the '75/'76 (too difficult to replicate) plus a different style fuel pump, they went to one with only 2 fittings (in and out)
JimSar
I just sold my '75 fuel pump on eBay, but still have the mount. I want to keep the cover, shoot me a PM if you want the mount. We'll work something out.
Jim
East coaster
I converted mine to stock front location using the stock pump cover and mounts. It's pretty easy once you find the used parts.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tracks914
Why would the pump have to be different? Could I not just run the 3rd line back to the tank return line???
Besides that I want to put a 6 or a Ruby 4 into this car. I will need a different fuel pump anyway but do sixers put their fuel pumps up front or do they like it in the rear??? sheeplove.gif
TROJANMAN
Someone I know mounted the pump under the car where the MC is located.
Mueller
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 5 2006, 07:18 PM) *

Why would the pump have to be different? Could I not just run the 3rd line back to the tank return line???
Besides that I want to put a 6 or a Ruby 4 into this car. I will need a different fuel pump anyway but do sixers put their fuel pumps up front or do they like it in the rear??? sheeplove.gif

I dunno know, maybe 'cause you said:

It wouldn't look original with the totally wrong pump and plumbing now would it??? biggrin.gif

You should be able use the stock fuel pump for just about any fuel injected /4 or /6 motor you install, if you go with carbs, you'll need a new pump for sure.

Most fuel pumps "push" fuel better than "suck", so closer to the tank is a good idea...
Tobra
here is mine, stock pump in front
Tobra
Here is a another. It is mounted near the steering gear, in the hole where the master cylinder is. These are pics from before I changed the fuel hose under the tank. You can see the tie rod boot in first pic. Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.